• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend airport

CANV

Coach
a great boost for the town or a huge white elephant?..
it must be a bit of a ****er if you live in rochford on the flightpath when they start using big jets there.. on the rare occasion that russian looking thing flys out its still making a racket in chalkwell as its going out over the river

I think you find that the airport has been there longer then most residents of Rochford or Southend, similar is those idiots who moan about the MOD in Shoebury, I always say if you are not happy about living near these facilities then do not move near them.

An airport if used properly would be a great source of income and jobs to the town. Which has seen over the past two decades major erosion of its major employers of the town.

Also what a benefit to the travelling public of this area if you could go on holiday from here, no more hour long journeys to the airport, no more extortionate parking or taxi fees.

I love Southend airport. The sound of the planes doesn't bother me at all.

I also enjoy watching those geeks trying to get that Vulcan Bomber airworthy again. I don't think it will ever happen!

My only regret is that the old air museum down aviation way closed down to make way for Roller City.

Interesting fact - In Goldfinger James Bond plays golf with Auric Goldfinger and places a tracking device in his Rolls Royce. When he returns to his car an looks at the map you can see that the Goldfinger (well, Oddjob really) has driven to Southend. There is a shot of Goldfingers motor being loaded into a plane at Southend Airport and you can see the big boiler house chimney of Rochford hospital in the background.

watching that vulcan fly would be a great .. the noise and the amount of sh*t that would belch out from those 1950's 'fk the enviroment its all about horse power' engines would be a sight to behold.. as would the ensuing firball as a wing fell off and it piled into leigh on sea...
being able to get an easyjet type flight to a few european cities would be very handy indeed.. jumping off the plane with hand luggage only and being home in 10 minutes...

i see that Fly Be are the first low cost carrier to offer a service from Southend to Jersey. Quite funny being able to choose Southend for your departure airport from there site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Mar. 01 2005,12:46)]i see that Fly Be are the first low cost carrier to offer a service from Southend to Jersey. Quite funny being able to choose Southend for your departure airport from there site.
Even funnier is that its called London Southend!!

probably all the west ham fans living round there
wink.gif

Back