• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Southend Appeal Against Harding Sending Off

Says in todays echo that "Shrimpers full-back dan harding has had his appeal against the red card he recieved in saturdays 1 - 1 League one draw with stockport county rejected by an FA Disciplinary Panel.
Harding, dismissed for a 68th minute tacle on the Hatters' substitute Leon McSweeney, is banned for three matches. "

Edit: Just realeased people new the result already, ignore me. :)

I've just seen the video of the sending off.

I really, honestly, in my "expert" opinion cannot for the life of me see why he was shown a red. I am even more perplexed that the panel have backed the referee in this case.

I can't tell if he got the ball, but the challenge wasn't a lunge, wasn't over the top, there didn't appear to be studs showing, it didn't look dangerous and it wasn't reckless. It was a late challenge, nothing more. Yellow at best.

Perhaps 'twas a more political decision - not wanting to overturn two recent red cards from the same official against the same team. Was it Stockport who are already making official complaint type noises about being victimised by refs? Not suggesting that this decision has anything to do with Stockport, more that the FA wouldn't want to give us any ammo to suggest that Kettle was victimising us...

Perhaps 'twas a more political decision - not wanting to overturn two recent red cards from the same official against the same team. Was it Stockport who are already making official complaint type noises about being victimised by refs? Not suggesting that this decision has anything to do with Stockport, more that the FA wouldn't want to give us any ammo to suggest that Kettle was victimising us...

If McSweeney had got straight up then perhaps the referee wouldn't have pulled out a red card. He clearly wasn't hurt.

Look at Walker's reaction against Yeovil. He was on his feet straight away. (Maybe that's why the panel overturned their red card)? Perhaps the difference is that we had all but won the game against Yeovil, whereas the game against Stockport was in the balance.

McSweeney saw an opportunity to get Harding sent off and took it. We don't have players like that in our team do we?

If McSweeney had got straight up then perhaps the referee wouldn't have pulled out a red card. He clearly wasn't hurt.

Look at Walker's reaction against Yeovil. He was on his feet straight away. (Maybe that's why the panel overturned their red card)? Perhaps the difference is that we had all but won the game against Yeovil, whereas the game against Stockport was in the balance.

McSweeney saw an opportunity to get Harding sent off and took it. We don't have players like that in our team do we?

Lets hope he doesn't read that eh.

Anyway Chelsea turned up the Terry hearing a QC to argue their. I doubt if have the resources for that kind of thing.

Pic from todays Echo that shows it was NOT a two footed lunge.

danhardingchallengenk1.jpg

This I think may explain why those in the East thought it was one footed, and those in the West thought it was two footed.

Back