• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Away

Ha! Some of them,certainly.:Winking:

About the same percentage as the Southend, 65%? Higher amongst football fans no doubt.

Thats why they were a credit to there town, we have more in common than many would think. Any way Lost Mackem we are not to speak politics but good luck to you against Pompey.

If you don't end up back in the Championship, Southend away wont seem such a bad shout and a few of us might extend our trip up up to the third world for the whole weekend next time.

Great post, Lost Mackem - and it was brilliant to welcome down a group of vocal away fans who were both up for the banter but respectful of our plight - I for one will be a Mackem for the day on Saturday and, although I was caught up in the euphoria following the win (I think the pitch invasion was mostly caused by the relief and the manner by which we won it), I definitely INTENDED to come and applaud the Sunderland fans who made the long trip and added to a great atmosphere.

I did think, bar a short spell in the 1st half, they were a bit quiet, even when they scored.

I did think, bar a short spell in the 1st half, they were a bit quiet, even when they scored.

I just don't think we were up for it - a bit meaningless game for us and I think many were happy to just see Southend win and celebrate. I didn't even celebrate our goal, just applauded. Many left early in the game (obviously only came to have a look at the ground) and there were loads of empty seats already.

It's been the same most of the season though with our atmosphere - it hasn't been that loud. Mean no disrespect but I think it's due to the drop from Premier League to League One; most fans are struggling to motivate themselves for the games. We've 'only' sold 20,000 for the play-off game so far which just about sums up my point.

I just don't think we were up for it - a bit meaningless game for us and I think many were happy to just see Southend win and celebrate. I didn't even celebrate our goal, just applauded. Many left early in the game (obviously only came to have a look at the ground) and there were loads of empty seats already.

It's been the same most of the season though with our atmosphere - it hasn't been that loud. Mean no disrespect but I think it's due to the drop from Premier League to League One; most fans are struggling to motivate themselves for the games. We've 'only' sold 20,000 for the play-off game so far which just about sums up my point.

Fair enough. You need to start banging the drum (metaphorically speaking) that getting back into the Championship is the path back to the Prem and beyond. Come on Sunderland, rise above the misery! Your future awaits!

The day after we lost to the Mackems in November I was in Florida on hols with the grandkids
Bumped into a Mackem in full regalia congratulated him on gubbing us 3-0 and he told me him and his chums were deffo coming to us for the final seasons match
And had already booked his hotel
Now that is commitment
So for me I hope SAFC go up via the playoffs but if not I welcome their return and their good spirirted following next season
When incidentally we will do them again???

I have to say when we came to the Stadium of Light, the only we heard your fans was when you scored your goals. May be its the fact its a newer stadium and felt quite sterile.

Also, I see a lot of your fans leaving 10 mins before the end which I thought was odd

I think sunderland were respectful to both our plight and our town ..
Very impressed with them and hope they win the play offs and begin there climb back .
I bumped into 3 sunderland fans sat evening in the westcliff hotel ..they congratulated the blues on the win ..and we spoke football for a while ..lovely guys and a pleasure to meet

I have to say when we came to the Stadium of Light, the only we heard your fans was when you scored your goals. May be its the fact its a newer stadium and felt quite sterile.

Also, I see a lot of your fans leaving 10 mins before the end which I thought was odd

Habits formed over several seasons must be hard to change.

Sorry Mackem, couldn't resist it.

A
Bumped into a Mackem in full regalia congratulated him on gubbing us 3-0 and he told me him and his chums were deffo coming to us for the final seasons match
Now that is commitment

It wouldn't surprise me if working mens socials across the North run savings clubs so that fans can put away a few quid a week to pay for the Southend away game.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few Christmas clubs are are running a bit light as a consequence either.

Last edited:
The day after we lost to the Mackems in November I was in Florida on hols with the grandkids
Now that is commitment
So for me I hope SAFC go up via the playoffs but if not I welcome their return and their good spirirted following next season
When incidentally we will do them again???

We had it booked since around September time like. Didn't disappoint.

A

It wouldn't surprise me if working mens socials across the North run savings clubs so that fans can put away a few quid a week to pay for the Southend away game.

It wouldn't surprise me if a few Christmas clubs are are running a bit light as a consequence either.

I'm worrying about Wembley (financially), spent almost £500 down there earlier this season and I don't know if I could afford two expensive weekends away in less than a month.

Also met alot of very nice Sunderland fans before and after the game.

Wonderful day for us!

Will be supporting the Mackems in the playoffs for sure!!
Good luck fella!

Back