• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Away

Great post, Lost Mackem - and it was brilliant to welcome down a group of vocal away fans who were both up for the banter but respectful of our plight - I for one will be a Mackem for the day on Saturday and, although I was caught up in the euphoria following the win (I think the pitch invasion was mostly caused by the relief and the manner by which we won it), I definitely INTENDED to come and applaud the Sunderland fans who made the long trip and added to a great atmosphere.

I did go over to them at the end. I was well received by the older fans but got a few fingers and '**** offs' from the younger element (which is fair enough).

I did go over to them at the end. I was well received by the older fans but got a few fingers and '**** offs' from the younger element (which is fair enough).

Did the police not stop fans from getting to the away fans? Like I said, I left as soon as the whistle went so didn't see but I thought this was the usual procedure.

Did the police not stop fans from getting to the away fans? Like I said, I left as soon as the whistle went so didn't see but I thought this was the usual procedure.

The short cut gate to Shakespeare (from the East stand) and the away end was (rightly) closed before/after the match.There were quite a few Mackems walking the long way round to Victoria avenue not all of them as well behaved as they might have been,Like Jaffa I saw a few of the younger element flicking v signs.No real trouble though,fortunately.

The short cut gate to Shakespeare (from the East stand) and the away end was (rightly) closed before/after the match.There were quite a few Mackems walking the long way round to Victoria avenue not all of them as well behaved as they might have been,Like Jaffa I saw a few of the younger element flicking v signs.No real trouble though,fortunately.

Always will be. Every set of fans are the same. There was loads of young lads in your singing section jumping up when you scored and straight away facing the away fans and giving the w****r signs which I thought was odd too. Like I said in my original post though, I don't mind any of that - it's just when fans get physical (which as far as I know, no fan was). Somebody could sit all day and give me the V sign and I couldn't give 2.

They probably recognised you.

Always will be. Every set of fans are the same. There was loads of young lads in your singing section jumping up when you scored and straight away facing the away fans and giving the w****r signs which I thought was odd too. Like I said in my original post though, I don't mind any of that - it's just when fans get physical (which as far as I know, no fan was). Somebody could sit all day and give me the V sign and I couldn't give 2.

1557490074898.jpeg
250 × 250

They did, but as I am old and harmless, they let me stroll through their two lines!

Potentially coming back to Southend alot sooner than we thought. Been pricing up another weekend on the sea for the Play-Off final if we get there. Hotels in London are already ridiculously priced and trains to Southend are only a few quid more. If you see any lads in a SAFC shirt in a couple weeks time be sure to have a drink with us.:Winking:

Potentially coming back to Southend alot sooner than we thought. Been pricing up another weekend on the sea for the Play-Off final if we get there. Hotels in London are already ridiculously priced and trains to Southend are only a few quid more. If you see any lads in a SAFC shirt in a couple weeks time be sure to have a drink with us.:Winking:

Haha! Great idea - maybe we should advertise that potential to other northern clubs going to Wembley!

Back