• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BARNETBLUE

First XI
No we haven't changed our name, Its my joke on the number of blues connections at Stevenage Borough FC..So with this in mind I took the opportunity of some comps from my mate whos nephew, Isaiah Rankine, has just signed for them, for the game with Forest Green FC on Weds last...Thought it would be good to see; Clarke Masters, Mitchell Cole, Tes " The Cat", Mr Peter Taylor and the semi famous Stuart Fleetwood...I lived in Stevenage many moons ago so still have a soft spot for them and this was an important game, " The Stripes " having lost their last two, and Forest Green pushing for a play off spot...I have seldom seen fog come down like a wafting stage smoke machine as it did on Weds!, In the firat half I could not see the opposite stand!...As a game it was a keenly contested game with Forest Green the better team, having a lot more goal attempts, especially the second half and all working hard to close Stevenage down.There was not a single bad tackle nor any chance of a booking throughout.
The players:

Mitchell Cole: I always liked him and was slightly disappointed he left us; on this performace Tilson got it right as he did zilch!
Stuart Fleetwood:Well involved and had a few chances, but for the quality of Alan Julian in goal for Borough.Did not initially strike me as someone who would make it in Div One, and given a choice on this showing I would preferr Charlie Mac as their records and history are not dissimilar.
Tes..Did not feature, bumped into him and he explained he needs another operation( Fit girlfriend waiting for him mind you!).He did not seem to appreciate my view that he looked well and " Had lost a few pounds since we last saw you at Roots Hall!
Clarke Masters.On the bench, will find it hard to displace A Julian!
Mr Taylor; appeared frustrated and dissapointed with his teams below par, non convincing showing.Think they presumably miss the contingent that left for Gills recently?..Wanted to catch him for a chat but he did not hang about.
Ronnie Henry.Looked quite good in a game where generally defences were on top
Les Afful...I mention him as a late sub for Forest Green as easily the smallest midget I have ever seen in a pro game..Pacy tricky forward for Forest Green with a bit of something...Makes JCR and Russell Williamson look like Giants!

Stadium, vastly improved and a smart non league set up these days.

Enjoyed the night even tho' it ended goalless

UTB!

Good report.

I'm going to see Aldershot v Stevenage on Sunday as I'm in the area, my first visit their in nearly 18 years. I think it's live on Sultana TV but will still pop along and see the match. As it's on TV don't expect such a detailed report from me!

Never been to a Sunday evening game before, can tick that one off the list:D

Back