• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend call to fans to help design 2019/20 kit

Get designing then OBL, you still have until Friday to get your offering(s) in.

Agreed.

If we end up playing in a strip covered in Swastikas next season the blame will lie squarely with everyone who couldn't be bothered to submit a design.

And whoever submitted a design covered in Swastikas.

And whoever judged the competition but that's not the point.

The point is there is no excuse for laziness.

Agreed.

If we end up playing in a strip covered in Swastikas next season the blame will lie squarely with everyone who couldn't be bothered to submit a design.

And whoever submitted a design covered in Swastikas.

Has Rusty submitted a kit?

I would like to see our home kit changed to a lighter shade of blue, it's well documented that I loved the mid to late 70s kits so I'd like to see a return to something of that kind. In my opinion, our away kit should be some kind of "inverse" of our home, so if we were going with blue tops and white shorts ( for instance), just reverse that for away - which would also then give you the option of an all white kit on those odd occasions it might be needed.

I too am a kit designing spastic, and wouldn't know where to start. But if someone could replicate the 1977 era kit, with the white and red stripes on the sleeve, it gets my vote.

I would like to see our home kit changed to a lighter shade of blue, it's well documented that I loved the mid to late 70s kits so I'd like to see a return to something of that kind. In my opinion, our away kit should be some kind of "inverse" of our home, so if we were going with blue tops and white shorts ( for instance), just reverse that for away - which would also then give you the option of an all white kit on those odd occasions it might be needed.

Wouldn't know how or where to start!

I too am a kit designing spastic, and wouldn't know where to start. But if someone could replicate the 1977 era kit, with the white and red stripes on the sleeve, it gets my vote.

Send me some photos of the kits you're thinking of and I'll try my best to bring them into 2019

Send me some photos of the kits you're thinking of and I'll try my best to bring them into 2019
Thanks Scott, it's these kits - I think Lord Football is talking about the same first one

southend_united_1976-1978-al.gif
southend_united_1978-1980-al.gif

They're a bit light in blue Scott, and it wouldn't have to be that form of lettering, but the concept is great - I really like them, thank you! You can see here it's more of a royal blue in colour.

76 77.jpg

There are some great designs on here but if the club goes for a resurrection of the custard splat I will never buy another SUFC shirt. New or old designs, they absolutely ****ing hideous.

They're a bit light in blue Scott, and it wouldn't have to be that form of lettering, but the concept is great - I really like them, thank you! You can see here it's more of a royal blue in colour.

View attachment 7264

Trouble is the players will have to grow mullets and/or paedo moustaches. Probably have to listen to Anita Ward too, rather than Jay Z.

Back