• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend/Chelsea connections

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Ok, so can we come up with an XI who have played for both clubs? Kicking things off with a few from the very top of my head...

1)
2)
3) Keith Dublin (apologies)
4) Anthony Grant
5)
6)
7) Chico Hamilton
8)
9) Harold Halse
10) Bill Garner
11)

Manager - David Webb

Reckon we can fill in the gaps?

He was an unused sub in last seasons champions league game against someone.

He's played against Rosenborg in the Champo league. Anthony Grant? Paul Furlong?

I don't think that sawyer has played for chelsea's first team. you never know he could play against us....

I don't think that sawyer has played for chelsea's first team. you never know he could play against us....

He has not played for Chelsea he was an unused sub against Rosenborg last season in the Champions League. Who knows he could be playing against Chelsea ;)

He's played against Rosenborg in the Champo league. Anthony Grant? Paul Furlong?

Soccerbase says Sawyer has never played for Chelsea. Excellent shout with Furlong though. Looks like three up front then...

1)
2)
3) Keith Dublin (apologies)
4) Anthony Grant
5)
6)
7) Chico Hamilton
8)
9) Harold Halse
10) Bill Garner
11) Paul Furlong

Manager - David Webb

Alan Dicks
Keith Jones
Bob Turnbull
Graham Wilkins
Les Stubbs
Anthony Barness
Ian Hamilton
Roy McDonough

I'll throw in Ex-Bristol City Manager Alan Dicks who played for Chelsea prior to joining Southend in 1958. Staying for four years before leaving for Jimmy Hill's Coventry City.

Last edited:
Alan Dicks
Keith Jones
Bob Turnbull
Graham Wilkins
Les Stubbs
Anthony Barness
Ian Hamilton
Roy McDonough

Ok, I'm not sure where all of those guys played (I don't think McDonough ever actually played for Chelsea either). So I'll throw in the ones I do know (moving Grant to central defence, although not with a huge degree of confidence) and if someone could fill in any gaps...

1)
2) Anthony Barness
3) Keith Dublin
4) Keith Jones
5) Anthony Grant
6)
7) Chico Hamilton
8) Les Stubbs
9) Harold Halse
10) Bill Garner
11) Paul Furlong

Manager - David Webb