• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

True, but if it is coming from someone who has dealt with the club on this matter, i.e. the relocation and the redevelopment of The Hall etc, then i'd assume he's in a good position to comment. He's certainly in a better position to know/find out more than we do.

I have to disagree, GBj, though I appreciate that neither of us can be certain - but I don't think that he is able to give a definitive verdict on the Covenant. As I said in my previous post, perhaps it's time the Trust got a proper Expert Opinion on it?

Why? The guy is not speaking as a legal expert. I suspect he knows diddly-squat about the covenant, and I very much doubt that he has taken expert advice on it (perhaps the Trust should...). That is pure speculation.

In fact, Devonexile, if you are so convinced we are going down the pan would you like a little wager? I pay £20 to Little Havens if we fold before the end of the season, you pay £20 if we don't...? :)

Holdcroft is not an idiot. He will not have set out the Councils position without taking advice from Council Officers and having at least consulted with the Tory Group before speaking. What he has said represents the way the Council intend to deal with this matter.

As for the £20 quid, why not. I will be delighted to have to pay up as it is a most worthy cause and it will mean we are still in business.

but I don't think that he is able to give a definitive verdict on the Covenant.

...Unless he knows something we don't.

I would say he's involved with the plans, so would (to a certain degree) know of all the ins and outs.

I agree with you about someone checking the 'covenant', if it even exists.

Back