• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Database Website

He seemed to still be tweeting in 2017 but not since as far as I can see - but then I don’t have a Twitter account so this is just a Google search result (definitely the right Robin though):

last time this was discussed a thread was made where personal details were being shared and random people who aren't on the zone were being asked about this individual. I think people need to have a degree of respect for their privacy and not share personal information all over the internet, especially as they seem to be relatively private. I think that thread has been deleted which was the right decision because it definitely got creepy and weird.

last time this was discussed a thread was made where personal details were being shared and random people who aren't on the zone were being asked about this individual. I think people need to have a degree of respect for their privacy and not share personal information all over the internet, especially as they seem to be relatively private. I think that thread has been deleted which was the right decision because it definitely got creepy and weird.

This is a public Twitter account - a social media platform where the whole point is to have your messages passed on and reaching as wide an audience as possible. A 5 second glance at the Twitter posts shows quite clearly this was not an account he wouldn’t want drawn attention to in multiple circles - local Southend history and events, SUFC... even Steely Dan with retweets that would ensure he was widely visible in these communities online.

Sharing it in a community on a subject he was passionate enough to write an online database about (for which, let’s face it, Zoners would be the primary audience) doesn’t seem to be inappropriate at all. I don’t know what happened with the thread you’re talking about but I don’t appreciate the misguided implied criticism of my post.

This is a public Twitter account - a social media platform where the whole point is to have your messages passed on and reaching as wide an audience as possible. A 5 second glance at the Twitter posts shows quite clearly this was not an account he wouldn’t want drawn attention to in multiple circles - local Southend history and events, SUFC... even Steely Dan with retweets that would ensure he was widely visible in these communities online.

Sharing it in a community on a subject he was passionate enough to write an online database about (for which, let’s face it, Zoners would be the primary audience) doesn’t seem to be inappropriate at all. I don’t know what happened with the thread you’re talking about but I don’t appreciate the misguided implied criticism of my post.
sorry i quote the wrong post, i meant to quote your first one where you asked about the deleted thread. I wasn't criticising sharing the twitter account, but explaining what happened with the deleted thread.

sorry i quote the wrong post, i meant to quote your first one where you asked about the deleted thread. I wasn't criticising sharing the twitter account, but explaining what happened with the deleted thread.

No worries, I can sympathise with that I’ve done it myself!

@Spaceman Spiff If you speak in private with @Cricko , he can give you more info on this. I had a convo with Robin about the DB this year after the other thread was running.

I have a spare domain and was looking at rebuilding but with everything that has gone on this year along with some major headaches at home and work, I am unable to commit the time, however I am happy to chip in and help/advise if the zone and/or somebody else want's to build something. I am 99% certain the original db won't be back online.

@Spaceman Spiff If you speak in private with @Cricko , he can give you more info on this. I had a convo with Robin about the DB this year after the other thread was running.

I have a spare domain and was looking at rebuilding but with everything that has gone on this year along with some major headaches at home and work, I am unable to commit the time, however I am happy to chip in and help/advise if the zone and/or somebody else want's to build something. I am 99% certain the original db won't be back online.

I have amassed a spreadsheet of 1,100 players, ordered by debut. Happy to help with this.

I have amassed a spreadsheet of 1,100 players, ordered by debut. Happy to help with this.
Have we really only used about 1,100 first team players in 110 seasons? Thought it would be more than that. I suppose going back in time before substitutes the squads were much smaller.

Back