• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Echo - they don't know what they're doing!

philtalkin

Manager
Bailey given 7/10 in the echo today!

Now, even taking out the incident where he proved himself to be a lying, cheating ****, the occasion clearly got to him and he was very poor. I think he gave the ball away every time he got it in the first half

I would say 5 max for perfomance and minus 10 for being a complete and utter ginger a***wipe.

Maybe thats the score the Echo wanted to give him..they were probably cheering when the winner went in...

To be fair, he did play a cracking ball out to Kyle Reid, who set up Sodje's goal.

Bar that, he wasn't involved in the game expect cheating to get JFC sent off.

Maybe they were giving a score for diving and acting, in which case a 7 is a very modest score.

probably because he was one of the few players leaving Roots Hall permitted to give an interview.

yep, he was ***** and played like a frightened girl all match (thank god) .

He did look strangely subdued, no doubt embarrassed by his theatrics, but on the few occasions he did get the ball his passing was a cut above anything we managed. His passes got defenders to commit and dragged players out of position and were played with far more purpose than our passing game. The equaliser was a good example of this. Whereas McCormack's passes are floated to no-one in particular, Bailey switched play with a fast, accurate pass that gave our defence no time to recover. Not bad for someone who can't pass water.

Every week i seem to question the ratings in the echo! Does the person actually doing them watch the game.
Surely it would be more well recieved if a former player gave the marks someone who has played a decent level of football!

I thought Bailey did alright. He isn't a winger so it surprised me to see him out on the left until Reid came on, but he was involved in a lot of the play.

The ex-Shrimper who impressed me the most was Lloyd Sam, though. He looked dangerous every time he had the ball.

Honestly thought Bailey was poor overall on Friday night. I suspect it was more to do with wanting to put in a performance to keep the crowd quiet, than bottling it - Roots Hall is hardly the Old Den on a cold Tuesday night is it?

Probably a case of trying too hard I imagine, but he was certainly way below his usual standards.

That said, from Charlton's point of view, he played the key role in their victory by getting JFC sent off, so maybe he'll see it as a good shift.

My overall feeling on Friday night, aside from the seething anger towards him, was how sad it is that we are no longer to have, or buy, players of his ilk in our side. Oh I long for the days of him being back in our midfield.... losing 5-1 at Donny seems like a fond memory in comparison to now!!

Back