• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Fans Doing Coke at Reading !!!!!!

Beaver

Resident Rodent
36 Southend Fans are currently going for the Coke Drinking Record at Readings Eastbound Services.

Due to an unfortunate 4 hour transport delay (broken clutch) they are attempting the world coke drinking record. So far 45 cups of coke have been consumed all for £1.89, yes £1.89.

Apparentley it's free refills when you buy one drink. And so the ever resourseful Southend Fans led by the Trust Travel Supremo Chris Berry, and several others including TITW, Tannisworld & the Watermill Wino have taken advantage of this wonderfull offer.
biggrin.gif

Please spare a thought though for the 36 Stranded Travellers. Latest estimates for arrival back at Southend is 7.30
sad.gif

Sparing you a thought.

Someone told me she was "impounded" after the game, what was going on?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 05 2005,04:13)]Sparing you a thought.

Someone told me she was "impounded" after the game, what was going on?
Ehhhhhhh
ghostface.gif

What?

She's happily asleep in a hotel in Swansea right now (alone, I hope!).
She gave me the impression that you'd been kept behind or something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Feb. 05 2005,04:21)]What?

She's happily asleep in a hotel in Swansea right now (alone, I hope!).
She gave me the impression that you'd been kept behind or something.
What are you talking about !!!!!!!!!
ghostface.gif

Newsflash !!!!!!!!!!

News has reached the Midlands about a free coke offer and Billy Turley and Robbie Fowler have just turned up
down.gif

Ouch, reminds me of a Friday night trip to Tranmere and being stuck at Watford Gap services on the way back. Anyone else on that coach?

To those people who were on the coach that broke down last night may I just say that you may not believe this now but you will genuinely look back on this in years to come and have a bloody good laugh about it!

Just got back, the last count on the coke run was 65.
Not content with this we got Groyne strain in my Vange to get the £1.88 back on their no quibble refund policy for no ice in the cups, they offered a free coffee or tea but wouldn't give him the money. oh well I am off to run a marathon I am so full of sugar I'll stop at Scotland.
wow.gif

official figure was 65. we was going to go for 69 but the immigrant workers took the recipt that entitled us to more free refills.
mad.gif

I also managed to come across some unattended fanta icy lemon and red bull. overall (despite the late arrival back) it was a very good day.

I should add that I refused their offer of tea or coffee. If I wanted a hot drink I'd have asked for it, I wanted ice in my coke and they refused to provide it. They advertised a 'no quibble money back guarantee' and are obvviously in breach of this promise.

I am sure Ron Martin will make representations on this matter. In fact, he'll have to as his name and Roots Hall address was given by one of the Crane colleagues to respond in writing to this grievance.

Having declared on 65 Cokes (of which around 62 were apparently consumed by Terry 118) we moved onto Red Bull and lemon Fanta, which was popular with the underfives at the back of the coach.

Another tip for future reference - if you're unsure as to the safety of a pub, send Keir in first. If he doesn't come out on a stretcher it's safe to go on. This worked superbly in the Westbourne.

Terrific trip.

smile.gif

Glad it wasn't me stuck at the services. I would have been on those fruit's for hours and hours on end. Not that i would have complained, mind ...

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

The 36 fans who were stranded at Reading services were given their coach fare back as a show of goodwill by the Shrimpers Trust.

The money was returned to ALL the supporters whether members of the Trust or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Late One @ Feb. 05 2005,14:01)]The money was returned to ALL the supporters whether members of the Trust or not.
Hang on a minute !!!!!!!!

I thought we only favoured our members as far as Travel goes
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Feb. 05 2005,12:33)]Glad it wasn't me stuck at the services. I would have been on those fruit's for hours and hours on end. Not that i would have complained, mind ...

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
remind me to keep my back to the wall next time we meet Kev.

Back