• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

studentd

Hi everyone,
I'm a final year student in the research stage of my dissertation project. The project is based around the under-representation of ethnic minorities in football (particularly in the stands), my research will mostly be carried out by using the views of football fans of all ethnicity and will be collected via online survey, which can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/genfan

This survey is generalised to cover all leagues across England (Excluding the Premiership) and isn't exclusive to Southend fans. It is part of the wider title of my dissertation ‘Exploring the under-representation of British Asians in English football: Geographies of Identity, Inclusion and Exclusion'.

If you could possibly spare 10 minutes of your time to do the survey it will be really useful and as the introduction page for the survey states, everything is anonymous, feel free to agree or disagree with any statements made in the survey, as long as you are providing your honest opinion
Many Thanks,
Dylan

Survey completed. Good luck with your dissertation and degree. Great subject, Geography.

Apologies but I'm going to have to close my survey now because I've reached the limit for responses (it'll cost me 15p per survey from now on, where is the justice!)
Thanks for everyone that managed to share their views

Am I the only one who raised an eyebrow at the fact that a survey on ethnic minorities was under the banner of a company called "Survey Monkey"?

Amyway, all done.

Am I the only one who raised an eyebrow at the fact that a survey on ethnic minorities was under the banner of a company called "Survey Monkey"?

Amyway, all done.

Yes I did!

Anyway why not just accept that ethnics don't have any interest? Maybe we should be forced to like kabadi?

Yes I did!

Anyway why not just accept that ethnics don't have any interest? Maybe we should be forced to like kabadi?
Because it makes commercial sense to seek out new customers? If you have ever had a conversation with 'ethnics' you'd find that generally they are as interested in football as the standard TV fan but just less likely to go to matches. Chelsea may be able to offer insight on why that is.

Maybe its because they re a minority in numbers? also i have a friend who born and break in England but his family are from Bangladesh and he at a younger age wasnt allowed to come to football as he was either cleaning the restaurant or had to have some family time.

What does erk me is when you look at Basketball in the states you dont see many white players not i for 1 don't really care about that but you dont hear people demanding a Rooney Rule for white players? sometimes we try to hard to show we are a multicultural country that we actually create separation in race...
We are 1 not black or white and why your have things like Black History months or the MOBO's we will never have a equal footing.
History is history not black or white history and awards for PEOPLE not skin colour please

Rant over :S

Because it makes commercial sense to seek out new customers? If you have ever had a conversation with 'ethnics' you'd find that generally they are as interested in football as the standard TV fan but just less likely to go to matches. Chelsea may be able to offer insight on why that is.

What tripe, somebody called me white trash the other day so I had to go home and cry!

Ethnics should rise above the tripe spouted by racists and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Does not matter if they are interested if they don't want to go to games they won't simple

Sick of all this inclusion PC ******** nobody is stopping anybody going to football

There is a Mongolian chap who lives in rayleigh I think he is the only one but I will go ask him to attend because Mongolians are under represented at football!!

***** lefty crap!!

What tripe, somebody called me white trash the other day so I had to go home and cry!

Ethnics should rise above the tripe spouted by racists and treat it with the contempt it deserves.

Does not matter if they are interested if they don't want to go to games they won't simple

Sick of all this inclusion PC ******** nobody is stopping anybody going to football

There is a Mongolian chap who lives in rayleigh I think he is the only one but I will go ask him to attend because Mongolians are under represented at football!!

***** lefty crap!!
if you are happy for people to go around abusing people for no apparent reason that is up to you, not everyone is so willing to put up with it.

Yes I did!

Plenty of "ethnics" seem to support Prem League teams....however Kabaddi is great. I recommend it.

History is history not black or white history and awards for PEOPLE not skin colour please

Rant over :S

Yeah, most of the time whitey either tried to nick their land, ethnically cleanse them and enslave entire nations.

Hooray us.

PS: Tried to do the survey but it'd had the max responses.

If people don't go to football then it's a legitimate question why they don't go (to which not liking football would be a legitimate response). But I certainly know people who watch football on TV but would be intimidated by the prospect of attending an actual game. They are the people we need to make football more inclusive to.

Surely we can all agree that the more people who follow Southend the better.

Back