• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Fans

What is the matter with you two? What's so wrong with everyone enjoying a bit of camaraderie, banter and fun with opposing supporters? It's a far better thing to see at the end of a match than the incidents at Luton last week. I suppose it's too much of a "family atmosphere" thing again is it? I guess you didn't dress up?

Fwiw, we had a lot of fun at Southampton AGAIN. It was a pleasure to be welcomed so warmly by their fans, officials and stewards and I particularly liked the "race" between the two trainers coming on to sort out the clash between two players - followed by the chorus of "That's why we're going down" again when we got there second.

we been welcomed back by many sets of fans,pub owners and stewards but we dont bang on about them,so why Southampton?

Stockport,Bristol Rovers,Yeovil,Swindon,Tranmere sare just a few where we been made welcome by the fans,pub owners and stewards and am sure some would agree with me

we been welcomed back by many sets of fans,pub owners and stewards but we dont bang on about them,so why Southampton?

Stockport,Bristol Rovers,Yeovil,Swindon,Tranmere sare just a few where we been made welcome by the fans,pub owners and stewards and am sure some would agree with me

Exeter as well, I would not bother arguing Gal she has it out for us anyway, talking like we would like to see incidences like at Luton in the past week just takes the biscuit.

talking like we would like to see incidences like at Luton in the past week just takes the biscuit.

To be fair, that's not what she said at all... Just that Saturday's atmosphere is far more appropriate than the scenes at Luton, Burton and Hull.

what happened at hull?

Fans invaded the pitch at the final whistle, grabbing at Gerrard who had to push one away who tried to snatch his captains armband. After that, they collided with police who tried to usher them off the pitch and a few missiles were thrown at Liverpool fans.

As one who has seen the worst of football hooliganism / violence and been in grounds where the atmosphere has been so malevolent that you have feared for your life, I for one am more than pleased that a happy clappy atmosphere can exist between rival supporters.

I doubt if anyone is advocating going on the pitch etc, however from what I've experienced the atmosphere at many grounds is much improved, you can wear your colours openly and without fear, and IMO long may that continue.

West Ham Fan from the 70s?

Back