• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
I watched the 2nd leg versus Burton on a live stream,and what came across to me was the fantastic support from the fans, and how there chants and singing echoed around Roots Hall,it was truly amazing and im sure all the plyers and staff and RM loved it. Wouldnt it be great if it was like it every home match.But it also came across to me how you fans needed a true club song, seriously have you ever heard a better one than what the KOP sing for there club,its both motivational and moving,I know it would be hard to have something like that ,but wouldnt it be the Ants Pants to have our own ANTHEM, to sing when we happy and to motivate the team when they feeling the pinch.I dont know if we have ,but most of what i heard was chants "SOUTHEND" SOUTHEND"
:unsure:

At pompy this season we was laughing at this song they played before KO, and then 14000 started singing along, was really good! Always though we need a good song like this but tradition takes time

There is that song it's called seasiders I think which many were playing b4 the first LDV final, that gets people rocking a bit.

Sounds silly but an anthem can inspire the players when the going gets tough, they hear the fans singing it and truly can find an extra yard .their heads raise and their hearts pump stronger
an anthem is inspiring

"We're the seasiders, sole survivors!!!" I used to love that song and want it for my ipod so I can listen to it on repeat. Green for anyone who has it and can send it to me.

Even to sing if we are losing just to sing and inspire the players is a big game changer

jnr

Back