• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Half

Anyone else run Southend half today was so hot and first time I have ever suffered on a run 2 hr 17 m 31 secs disappointed on time but last 4 miles I hit a wall, don’t know why , done a few half’s and not suffered, managed to run to end but straight in medical tent afterwards, lost vision and no energy
Absolutely fine now, time was great to mile 9 no problems then like sack of **** it hit me
Had eaten and fluids before during race, just bad day at office

My boy won it in style, 1hour 10 for David Smale.

He isn't really my son but was a Giovanni junior 15 years ago when he and his brother had season tickets in family stand with me.

I did, and boy that was warm.

1:37:48 for me. Wearing my Havens Hospice vest.
I doff my cap to you and anyone that finished , don't know if you noticed the SA group that were running, but at 8 miles one of the girls collapsed, thankfully by paramedics
Im running Whitstable half next in July, all part of my first marathon next year at Brighton, not sure 62 is a good age to start running a marathon first time lol

I doff my cap to you and anyone that finished , don't know if you noticed the SA group that were running, but at 8 miles one of the girls collapsed, thankfully by paramedics
Im running Whitstable half next in July, all part of my first marathon next year at Brighton, not sure 62 is a good age to start running a marathon first time lol

Best of luck with Brighton, that was my first marathon.

They’ve changed the route slightly for next year, but I enjoyed it. Found it really tough, but do want to go back and try again, however accommodation is so expensive in Brighton, and even worse for marathon weekend.

I stayed in a hostel with my brother, and got woken up at 2 by people coming back after a night on the beers. Certainly wouldn’t do that next time with a wife and a two year old now.

Best of luck with Brighton, that was my first marathon.

They’ve changed the route slightly for next year, but I enjoyed it. Found it really tough, but do want to go back and try again, however accommodation is so expensive in Brighton, and even worse for marathon weekend.

I stayed in a hostel with my brother, and got woken up at 2 by people coming back after a night on the beers. Certainly wouldn’t do that next time with a wife and a two year old now.
Ive booked Air BNB already, yes read the Industrial park is no longer on route more seafront

Running with 5 other old codgers, so we will assist one another and the training to gether is great, when one is suffering we can all pull together and encourage, got Whitstable half, then a 25 k race in October Richmond, London Half November, Benfleet 15 miles, Essex 20 mile then marathon

Waiting to hear if in second Ballot Oxord half in Oct, so plenty to keep me going, hate the dark night runnings but with a few people it makes it better until Brighton

Back