• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend High Street Owl man.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
What is the story with the bloke who wears Soviet era army surplus gear and sits in Southend high street with a couple of owls which he ferries about in a brightly painted trolley?

Is he the same bloke who used to drink with an owl on his arm in the Half Moon in Rayleigh?

Does he live in old Leigh? There is a house opposite the strand cafe that has a perch with an owl on it in the window and it watches people as they walk by.

afraid I don't know anything about him but owls are meant to sleep during the day...

If I was an owl I would rather work the day shift if I was being fed bits of burger and KFC rather than spending my nights looking for mice, voles and shrews.

If I was an owl I would rather work the day shift if I was being fed bits of burger and KFC rather than spending my nights looking for mice, voles and shrews.

that would be shrewed of you!

Am i right in thinking he feigned complete blindness until a crowd of people outed him for being a con merchant?

Far as i know he lives in Rochford , and is partial sighted .
Maybe their guide owls :D
He lives just up my road, he's partially blind but says he is blind and yes, he takes his owls where-ever he goes, so they must be guide-blind owls.

:finger:

I don't like him, he's a con.

He lives just up my road, he's partially blind but says he is blind and yes, he takes his owls where-ever he goes, so they must be guide-blind owls.

:finger:

I don't like him, he's a con.

You can be registered blind and still have some sight.

it's like that supposedly deaf evelyn glennie percussionist woman. behind her i said "everlyn!" and she turned around.... whoops!

just realised that above sentence sounds a bit too much like the Chris Akabusi sex stories!

What about pervy the clown who works in the high street ?

*sorry to anyone that knows him, that just what he has always been none as to me*

Last edited:
If we are talking about cult figures of southend how are a few of these names to you!

Any of you recall or know the story of "Penny Picker Steve" "Beadle"

it's like that supposedly deaf evelyn glennie percussionist woman. behind her i said "everlyn!" and she turned around.... whoops!

just realised that above sentence sounds a bit too much like the Chris Akabusi sex stories!

AWOOOGGAA!!!

If we are talking about cult figures of southend how are a few of these names to you!

Any of you recall or know the story of "Penny Picker Steve" "Beadle"

There is the cricket hat man as well.

I saw him outside my sister in laws house. He had got a table and chair out of a skip and was eating fish and chips.

I'm looking into getting an owl or a dancing bear. A licence to print money.

I wonder if it's all business for the owl man.

They look like quite fragile creatures and it wouldn't suprise me if he got through a few a week.

I bet he has to hide the dead ones in skips and wheelie bins so Bill Odie and the RSPCA don't rumble him.

Well could be as shes a percussionist and is very familiar with vibrations (of which sound waves are ) While she couldn't "hear" it she could well have felt it. It being her name and all might be quite easy :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound

I wonder if it's all business for the owl man.

They look like quite fragile creatures and it wouldn't suprise me if he got through a few a week.

I bet he has to hide the dead ones in skips and wheelie bins so Bill Odie and the RSPCA don't rumble him.

Stuffs em in pillows you ask me ;) .Watch our for lumpy pillows !!

Back