• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend Home v Southend Away Football Aid Charity thingy

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
On 5th May I'll be turning out at Roots Hall with another 20 poor souls who are going to pretend to play football having shelled out cash for the privilege, luckily the money paid is going to charity (not the HMRC charity pot sadly).

Anyway, I've had an email asking if anyone wants to put forward a mascot for the day.

The game kicks off at two pm so I was wondering if anyone here had a kid who wanted to be nominated as my mascot choice let me know and I'll see if I can sort it.

The pre-requisites are that your kid has a kit and also they'd like a donation for letting them come out and have a warm up and be the mascot.

If you fancy it PM me and I'll try and get it sorted. They've basically said it's first email they get who gets the mascot role. Just thought I'd give someone here the chance to give their kid a run out at RH!

Ta

My two sons are playing in the home game.

Its a bit out of order that the game was
a) rearranged from the bank holiday
b) a 2pm kick off

This means
a) they have to take a day off work to play
b) lack of support cos anybody who wants to watch has to (yes youv'e guessed it) have time off work (those who work that is!!)

What muppet organised this??

Glad I didnt play now as it wouldnt have been the same had friends and family not been there plus I have picked up a knee imjury thats going to keep me out for a bit.

My two sons are playing in the home game.

Its a bit out of order that the game was
a) rearranged from the bank holiday
b) a 2pm kick off

This means
a) they have to take a day off work to play
b) lack of support cos anybody who wants to watch has to (yes youv'e guessed it) have time off work (those who work that is!!)

What muppet organised this??

Its always mid week, I was aware of this when I bid for the position. If it is at a weekend, they have to pay staff to come in and pay weekend wages.

I'm second half sub. Luckily I've been putting in some shifts over the track to get myself into a position to actually play a full 45! I see they still haven't filled all the spaces, I'm fine with doing the 45, but I've got this feeling that if they haven't filled all the slots I'm gonna have to do 90 and I'm bricking it!

Last edited:
Back