• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend/Leeds team.

blue heaven

Coach
After watching the game to day i think we dont have much to fear if leeds are any thing to go by.If I had to make a combined team I would only pick three of there players.Miller/Derry/Lewis the rest are ageing journey men.I reckon even ColU would to alright against them.Well done to Watford no stars but pure team spirit.

Did'nt know how bad Leeds was until I watched them today .... Watford would have murder us on that display. I reckon Watford look good enough to finish 16th to 13th next season, they got pace when they go forward, you need that for Premiership. But need to add new defencers in summer to give them better chance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Murkey_Mouse @ May 21 2006,20:48)]Did'nt know how bad Leeds was until I watched them today .... Watford would have murder us on that display.  I reckon Watford look good enough to finish 16th to 13th next season, they got pace when they go forward, you need that for Premiership.  But need to add new defencers in summer to give them better chance.
Watford were good yes, but I think it was definitely also a case of Leeds giving an absolutely pathetic performance for such a massive game. I think Watford could struggle next season - but then again I thought that about Wigan and West Ham too
suspect.gif

Watford are a decent, hard working team with a great manager. However, other than Ashley Young, there aren't many players that look Premiership quality to me.

I live in Watford and having spoken to several of their fans, although they are delighted to be going up, the general consensus is that it's far too soon for them.

We're more like Watford. Interesting to hear just now on Sky Sports News that Watford's primary aim this season was to avoid relegation before they went on a 7 game winning run which altered perspectives.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ May 22 2006,08:09)]We're more like Watford. Interesting to hear just now on Sky Sports News that Watford's primary aim this season was to avoid relegation before they went on a 7 game winning run which altered perspectives.
Have to agree with you there - until the "8 in a Rush with Tilly and Brush" (t-shirts still available from the Shrimpers Trust), I don't think anyone thought promotion (let alone the title !) was possible....
wink.gif

My QPR-supporting boss says the division is utter pish. Get a good start and you'll be fine I reckon...

As for which Leeds players would get in the Sarfend side; other than those mentioned I reckon Kilgallon would walk in.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny_Stokes @ May 22 2006,09:34)]other than those mentioned I reckon Kilgallon would walk in.
I was going to say, Killer would be in. I'd probably take Robbie Blake as a winger but not as a forward.

I think to be fair I'd probably fancy Leeds' chances of promotion next season compared to our own so I think all this "they'd only have 3 players in our team" is quite irrelevant really lol
tounge.gif

Why? Their team isn't much better than ours even if they've got a stronger squad.

And I reckon Roots Hall will be as big an advantage to us as Elland Road will be to them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 22 2006,20:18)]Why? Their team isn't much better than ours even if they've got a stronger squad.

And I reckon Roots Hall will be as big an advantage to us as Elland Road will be to them.
Come on Beefy do you really think we can finish in the top 6 next season? Leeds will at least be in the play-offs again I'm sure.

Yes. I really think we can finish in the top six next season.

Not saying we will, but I definately think we can.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ May 22 2006,23:50)]Yes. I really think we can finish in the top six next season.

Not saying we will, but I definately think we can.
I don't. I'll wait for the new signings to come in but all they'll decide for me is whether or not we can have a comfortable season in mid-lower mid table.

Next season will be a struggle me thinks, theres more big name clubs in the championship next season than ever, not that big names should mean anything to us but I think we will have to try and settle for something like Hull did when they went up, they picked up points all season where they could. Im thinking 16th as the best we can finish! prove me wrong southend!

I think we'll finish about 16th too. But I'm not buying the Championship as being the amazing league that clearly some of you are. Yeah, there might be some big clubs there, but there aren't many good teams. I saw a lot of Championship football last year and I have several friends who support clubs at that level, and frankly aside from the top three the quality last year was poor. We'll need to increase the size of the squad because I can't see us having the luck with injuries we had for most of the season again next year but I don't think its out of the question that we can compete for a top-half spot.

Presuming we get competant replacements for Jupp and Goater there aren't many teams in this league that I'd swap our first XI for. We've got (IMO) the best manager at this level, we've got the best player at this level and one of the best goalkeepers at this level. We'll be alright next year.

Back