• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend lose to Hornchurch

Of course it comes with sound but someone needs to have the foresight to turn the volume up when it gets busy. We can't have it on full wack when we open at 12 because it would make you go deaf but at the same time someone needs to just press the up button on the TV when it gets busy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ Sep. 22 2004,17:17)]I had heard about the possibility of a match, but unfortunately it clashed with a job interview and a I (grudgingly) put my overall future in front of SUFC.
Call yourself a true fan? I dunno.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Sep. 23 2004,14:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 22 2004,17:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 22 2004,17:28)]Speaking of that. How come we still haven't got anyone in? Tilly said on Friday that we had 2 lined up but we just missed the registration deadline to bring 1 of them in. What's going on now then?
All will be revealed on BluesTV!
Does blues TV come with Volume??? if it does you might want to use it in the Shrimpers
....and in the West/South bar...i thought it was just turned down v Wycombe and turned the thing fully up for the reserve highlights...then came Adam Barretts interview and the telly nearly fell off the wall with the vibration!!

My guess is we will not get another keeper in, we will keep faith with Wayne G etc etc....its always the same. There are some useful players out there but we never seem to be linked with any of them....

If you know different please tell the rest of us!

Thats a bit Pessamistic isnt it. I mean just cause we have been treated like complete @rseholes for the last 15 years or so deosnt mean that things will bad this year!! Oh no hang i make you right actually!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ Sep. 23 2004,14:19)]One of these days i will learn how to spell
Will you also learn the correct use of full stops and capital letters?

Got an interesting response when I asked on the Hornchurch forum about the game. Whether he's pulling my leg or not I don't know, but this from someone who knows all and sees all within Hornchurch.:

"the secrecy surrounds a certain spanish based essex born player who came on for 30 minutes for you lot and...we understand...wants a move to your gaff to accomodate his wifes recent purchase of the 'island'....."

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Sep. 23 2004,21:40)]Got an interesting response when I asked on the Hornchurch forum about the game. Whether he's pulling my leg or not I don't know, but this from someone who knows all and sees all within Hornchurch.:

"the secrecy surrounds a certain spanish based essex born player who came on for 30 minutes for you lot and...we understand...wants a move to your gaff to accomodate his wifes recent purchase of the 'island'....."
Didn't think Beckham was from Essex. Hmm

Unless he meant a certain Jávea based shrimper...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Sep. 23 2004,21:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 23 2004,14:27)]...someone needs to just press the up button on the TV when it gets busy.
When are they interviewing?
For the job of pushing the up button on the volume?

I reckon you've got it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 23 2004,14:27)]Of course it comes with sound but someone needs to have the foresight to turn the volume up when it gets busy. We can't have it on full wack when we open at 12 because it would make you go deaf but at the same time someone needs to just press the up button on the TV when it gets busy.
The problem is that the people who stand/sit next to/underneath the screens are blasted with noise when the volume is turned up, so (being nearest) turn it down again. Then those more than 2 yards away can't hear bugger all (and aren't near enough to do anything about it).

The club needs to invest in a centrally controlled audio/PA system, with speakers spaced evenly through the larger areas......and while they're at it, what about the masses of plasma screens that were touted?
rock.gif

I know the sound problems and it is an issue that I shall be discussing.

As for the plasma screens we could get more for our money by having the 32 inch TV's than only having a couple of plasmas so we felt it would be better to have more coverage round the ground.

Back