• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Manor FC

SeldomSeenShrimper

Youth Team
Southend's forgotten club, Southend Manor are developing on and off the pitch with alot of improvements being made.

I'm hearing that Southend United season ticket holders will be given free access to Manor league games next season.

This got me thinking, what would Southend United fans want for a "2nd club"

I for one, will be adopting Southend Manor as my 2nd team when they don't clash with Southend United but what would it take for you to join me?

They've put a fence up around the ground and made some other improvements. Does anyone know if the ground is now Isthmian league standard or if they want to progress? I've always thought there is room for a non-league club in Southend.

They've put a fence up around the ground and made some other improvements. Does anyone know if the ground is now Isthmian league standard or if they want to progress? I've always thought there is room for a non-league club in Southend.
There is.. we’re it right now

When my house purchase eventually goes through in the next few years, my new local non-league team will be Chatham United and the ground will be a 10 minute walk away. They play in Southern Counties East Prem, which I think is the same level as the Essex Senior. So might take myself along to see a game or two there.

If Manor start doing stuff then I may go to watch them too!

Southend's forgotten club, Southend Manor are developing on and off the pitch with alot of improvements being made.

I'm hearing that Southend United season ticket holders will be given free access to Manor league games next season.

I for one, will be adopting Southend Manor as my 2nd team when they don't clash with Southend United but what would it take for you to join me?

I might well join you as I could nip home at half time. I have already removed soap and any toilet rolls and started p****** all over the floor. It takes months to get the true ingrained SUFC toilet aroma.

That aside it sounds like a good idea from Manor.

When my house purchase eventually goes through in the next few years, my new local non-league team will be Chatham United and the ground will be a 10 minute walk away. They play in Southern Counties East Prem, which I think is the same level as the Essex Senior. So might take myself along to see a game or two there.

If Manor start doing stuff then I may go to watch them too!
Chatham were promoted this year, so they play in the Isthmian South East now, about the same level as Aveley were.

It's a decent setup though, and they get some good crowds these days, a far cry from a few years back when they barely broke 100 attendees a game.

I feel a bit for Manor, they're quite vulnerable in their location and suffer from vandalism a lot, and seem to lack volunteers. I last went a couple of seasons ago and there was no cover because the person that unlocks the stand didn't turn up, plus no hot drinks or food as there was no one to man the tea bar. Not ideal on a cold midweek evening.

As Max Bygraves used to say."Let me tell you a story"
When the ground was an athletics track, a bunch of us used to meet up every Sunday morning, on the piece of ground outside the gate , to have a kick about
Anything up to thirty lads.
We used occasionally to see Malcolm Frost and one day he announced that Southend Manor were looking to start a second team if anyone interested in joining.
So there is another small piece of info to add to the remarkable story of what Gil and Doris Medcalf started off.

Chatham were promoted this year, so they play in the Isthmian South East now, about the same level as Aveley were.

It's a decent setup though, and they get some good crowds these days, a far cry from a few years back when they barely broke 100 attendees a game.

I feel a bit for Manor, they're quite vulnerable in their location and suffer from vandalism a lot, and seem to lack volunteers. I last went a couple of seasons ago and there was no cover because the person that unlocks the stand didn't turn up, plus no hot drinks or food as there was no one to man the tea bar. Not ideal on a cold midweek evening.
Aveley were Isthmian North last season; Premier this coming season along with Bowers & Pitsea, Canvey, Hornchurch (the local ones). Further afield - Bognor Regis and Brightlingsea Regent.

It most certainly is not. It is one of the least well equipped grounds at Step 5. The crowd was 27 at the last game I saw there a couple of months back.

I often pop over as I live near Southchurch park & offer my support whenever we aren't playing of course.

2nd team ? don't believe in them but if I did have to have one or we ever went to the wall (hopefully not ??) Manor would be my team ?

You would need to pick me up from my house, drop me home again, and buy me beers throughout the game, oh and that's providing it's not raining. Just saying like

Aim for this season is to be promoted, the club wants to be a step 4 side and the ground improvements are the start

I will be moving to Sudbury this year, so I probably adopt AFC Sudbury or Long Melford FC as an local to go and watch. I will pick & choose which Southend Utd game I can go and watch. If Boston come up, I probably travel there.

Back