• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Bad for the airport but I expect Ryanair will pick up some of the slots.

At the moment Ryanair do not want any extra slots unfortunately. It seems just under 60% of Stobart staff at airport are at risk of redundancy. A sad day for the airport and the town.

Yesterday we had to go to B&Q at Fossetts Farm. As we needed some groceries we used Waitrose. Nothing earth shattering there, but when we came out of Waitrose at about 10am there was queue of people waiting to go in and the queue was being monitored by the staff. I asked a Waitrose person what that was all about and he told me that when they first opened there was a long queue and the tills were rammed. I really do hope this was a one off and not the start of the total lunacy that occurred during full lockdown.

Spoke to a friend of mine who is a supervisor at Morrisons in Eastwood this morning (I take advantage of the NHS hour before the store opens so I can shop at ease) who said yesterday the store was constantly full with people and they have now placed restrictions on only 3 items of the same.
Have to say did notice the shelves slightly less full than in previous weeks and what is it with toilet rolls? I really don’t get that one

Spoke to a friend of mine who is a supervisor at Morrisons in Eastwood this morning (I take advantage of the NHS hour before the store opens so I can shop at ease) who said yesterday the store was constantly full with people and they have now placed restrictions on only 3 items of the same.
Have to say did notice the shelves slightly less full than in previous weeks and what is it with toilet rolls? I really don’t get that one
And paracetamol

I don’t get it either. Ok, so you might have to self isolate for 14 days, worst case. Surely you just need a normal 2 week shop? There will not be another full lockdown and people really need to stop panicking, it spreads fear to others and it’s like dominos. Social media isn’t helping with all the scaremongering and doom and gloom. During the first lockdown the supermarkets in Leigh were stripped almost bare at one point but I didn’t run out of one item, just found it harder to get everything. Perhaps someone could explain it all to me?

Bloody ridiculous again. What is it with the English, panicking and queuing?

I have the mother in law on strict instructions to stock pile her Daily Mail should I have a shortage of toilet roll.

Back