• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Where were the Police, thought they were checking whether people were making essential journeys?.
It’s all I’m seeing and hearing the last couple of days, so where are they and where are all these fines ? The police are to busy driving up and down the motorways trying to catch people speeding and being nosey to find out where they are going to and from:Angry Mob:

All the public car parks and parking areas in Shoeburyness and Thorpe Bay are closed. Today there were dozens of cars parked in Thorpe Bay Gardens and Waterford Road despite the restrictions making parking illegal between 9am and 6pm. I am not sure if Southend Council eased these restrictions when the lock down started? If so, then these people were parking legitimately and avoiding paying parking fees. If not then they were all risking a fine.

All the public car parks and parking areas in Shoeburyness and Thorpe Bay are closed. Today there were dozens of cars parked in Thorpe Bay Gardens and Waterford Road despite the restrictions making parking illegal between 9am and 6pm. I am not sure if Southend Council eased these restrictions when the lock down started? If so, then these people were parking legitimately and avoiding paying parking fees. If not then they were all risking a fine.

As is also publicised on their website SBC have suspended parking enforcement due to COVID19 so they can probaby see they wont get fined either.

Just another example of selfish people and their " I'm alright Jack " attitude.

When you see the shear numbers of selfish b'stards out like this, one wonders if the police are fearing civil unrest if they happened to go in and started to hand out fines and warnings. Difficult one to resolve but some authority - council, (transport) police, army - should make a stand against it. Mind you, who knows what changes'll be announced today ?

That seafront photo, wasn't there some discussion that it wasn't actually taken yesterday - I've not been down recently enough to know, but someone said those hoardings were down on the right in the picture now.

I’d say be very wary of anything you see in the media especially these kind of pics. Even genuine pics can be manipulated, to look worse than they are. Personally I’m not going near the seafront and won’t be - no matter what the guidance is later on. But I avoid crowds in ‘normal’ times anyway!

That seafront photo, wasn't there some discussion that it wasn't actually taken yesterday - I've not been down recently enough to know, but someone said those hoardings were down on the right in the picture now.

The Echo put up the photo on their site yesterday saying it was taken then. Now they have taken it down. Extremely poor if they have made a mistake on this very important subject.
But people that drove past said it was as bad as that anyway, which prompted the Hospital, Council and police quotes. Let's see what happens today. Hopefully, they close and block off the seafront like other seafront towns suffering similar problems.

It’s a bit late for it now, should’ve been done when the initial ‘lockdown’ was brought in.
Without doubt, I was gobsmacked when it wasnt knowing how there was three bank holidays close together. And how certain parts of our society act .

Police seized this car on Southend seafront yesterday after the occupants had travelled from Stratford for a day out at the seaside, but the driver did not have insurance or a driving licence.

A spokesperson for the Essex Roads Policing Unit said: “This was not an essential journey nor part of daily exercise. Driving here in a vehicle with No Insurance and not having a Driving Licence is even more silly.”

1589109759033.png

Police seized this car on Southend seafront yesterday after the occupants had travelled from Stratford for a day out at the seaside, but the driver did not have insurance or a driving licence.

A spokesperson for the Essex Roads Policing Unit said: “This was not an essential journey nor part of daily exercise. Driving here in a vehicle with No Insurance and not having a Driving Licence is even more silly.”

View attachment 12125

Forgot to mention there was 10 of them in it as well!

View attachment 12125
If this lockdown was at all being enforced seriously they’d have police or army checkpoints on the A127, A12 and A13 turning back all these ****ing idiots. How are they able to get as far as Southend? Fines should be higher.

If this lockdown was at all being enforced seriously they’d have police or army checkpoints on the A127, A12 and A13 turning back all these ****ing idiots. How are they able to get as far as Southend? Fines should be higher.

What I don't get is if it's uninsured how did ANPR not pick it up sooner?!

The new seafront road layout has come into effect from today. From Pier Hill through to Chalkwell Avenue the parking bays have now become an extention of the pavement to enable runners, cyclists and pedestrians to better observe social distancing. There are temporary barriers in place to mark the boundary. It narrows the road but that's no big deal.

Back