• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

There's a lot of fake pictures (in that they're not recent) doing the rounds about the sea front on social media.
If you watched ITN news last night who were down there filming, they were not faked photos, a women had driven from Manchester and another from Leicester !!!

If you watched ITN news last night who were down there filming, they were not faked photos, a women had driven from Manchester and another from Leicester !!!
I heard this from my sister. Seemingly under these new 'rules' you can travel as far as you like (as long as you don't get within 2 metres of anyone including not more than 1 person outside your household) but why on earth you'd travel from Manchester to Southend is beyond me. The pier isn't that impressive. Are we sure they travelled down just for a Rossi's?

I wasn't near the seafront yesterday but I was the day before and it was busy. On the whole, the 2 metre rule was being observed but again, I'm baffled as to why people have this need to be near other people. Even without a pandemic I would steer well clear of the beach on a hot day.

The media love to stir things up, so not surprised this has made the news (and of course....Twitter).

I didn't but you can see some of them are over 10 years old. Not a smart phone in sight :Hilarious:

She didn't come to Southend for the attractions I'm sure. I don't suppose for one minute she was given the chance to put her side of the story. The spin and warped reporting to satisfy a narrative and whip up emotions has been bloody scandalous.

When you look at some of the stuff on social media you could be forgiven for thinking that there is no shortage of amateur doctors or nurses, and definitely no shortage of medical experts with opinions. The only reason there is a shortage in hospitals is because they are all on social media all the time. Either that or social media provides a platform for anyone to bang on a lot. That's that done, now I'm off for my daily dose of hydroxychloroquine, it must be ok as Twitter says so.:Dim:

As some have said, the media are always trying to whip up a story and exagerate it if needed. The Government rules state that you can drive anywhere for your exercise Driving miles and then sitting on a beach is not exercise though.

As some have said, the media are always trying to whip up a story and exagerate it if needed. The Government rules state that you can drive anywhere for your exercise Driving miles and then sitting on a beach is not exercise though.

Changes announced by Boris Johnson on Wednesday 15th May 2020 allow for sitting and sunbathing in parks and beaches while obeying strict social distancing rules, as well as driving to other locations.

Amazes me that all these people have come to the beach for the day out. Aren't public toilets still closed? Not sure id want to be swimming in that sea at the minute with all the extra thats being "dumped" into it.

I'm happy to take a nice relaxing walk in some shaded woodland near where i live. Went out yesterday for some exercise. Didn't see a single person on the trail that i took.

When you look at some of the stuff on social media you could be forgiven for thinking that there is no shortage of amateur doctors or nurses, and definitely no shortage of medical experts with opinions. The only reason there is a shortage in hospitals is because they are all on social media all the time. Either that or social media provides a platform for anyone to bang on a lot. That's that done, now I'm off for my daily dose of hydroxychloroquine, it must be ok as Twitter says so.:Dim:

Save yourself a couple of quid and get the domestos out. The most powerful man in the world swears by it.

If with track and trace you get regions that are pretty much covid free,could you actually stop people without a ss postcode(for example)entering the area?
I know the council welcomes everyone but it's no different to what nightclubs have done for years.
My guess is you couldn't being a public place but police can impose dispersal orders,so could a council legally do this?

Strikingly no new cases in 24 hours in London according to the Telegraph. Suggests they’re not all idiots and thick as ****. Or maybe just ones in SW1A ? ?
Subsequently shown to be a processing error in relation to tests not correctly captured last Sunday.. the numbers are lower but it’s not Nil...

Crossing the A127, Prince Avenue today near Kent Elms, you really would not know that we are still in semi lockdown. The traffic flow was heavy both ways. Just a week ago we could cross the road easily, not any more.

Amazes me that all these people have come to the beach for the day out. Aren't public toilets still closed? Not sure id want to be swimming in that sea at the minute with all the extra thats being "dumped" into it.
I am sure I read that the public toilets along that main stretch of the old "Golden Mile" are open, and, in fact, extra had been brought in ahead of this weekend. Those cubicles aren't too bad, as you're not passing people as you do in old blocks on the way in and out, or standing next to someone while washing hands. Not that I'd ever use them, something far too upright coffin like about them!

I am sure I read that the public toilets along that main stretch of the old "Golden Mile" are open, and, in fact, extra had been brought in ahead of this weekend. Those cubicles aren't too bad, as you're not passing people as you do in old blocks on the way in and out, or standing next to someone while washing hands. Not that I'd ever use them, something far too upright coffin like about them!

Drove back from Shoebury last Fri along seafront, all toilets from the Pier to Chalkwell were open.

Back