• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

He’s got a point. Only logical way I can think of it coming close to working, is to restrict the number of flights at any one time, and have them flying at only 1/3 capacity.

Which of course, can’t and won’t happen.

A couple of the proposed suggestions:

1590302615244.jpeg
1590302652203.jpeg
1590302675567.jpeg

If anyone is traveling from Southend going through Eastwood take my advice and not use the back roads.
The road that stretches from the Tesco roundabout towards Eastwood bury lane is now one lane only (city fibre laying I think). Then as you get towards Snakes Lane and into Whitehouse Road there are 3 way traffic lights (Gas pipe laying and they are going to be a while - working there way upto Western Approach’s).
Been a nightmare but could be even worse when people return back to work

If anyone is traveling from Southend going through Eastwood take my advice and not use the back roads.
The road that stretches from the Tesco roundabout towards Eastwood bury lane is now one lane only (city fibre laying I think). Then as you get towards Snakes Lane and into Whitehouse Road there are 3 way traffic lights (Gas pipe laying and they are going to be a while - working there way upto Western Approach’s).
Been a nightmare but could be even worse when people return back to work
Nestuda Way? Are the road works at Kent Elms, London direction finished?
That was 3 lanes down to 1 earlier in the week and causing queues back to the Westbourne Grove traffic lights.

That was 3 lanes down to 1 earlier in the week and causing queues back to the Westbourne Grove traffic lights.
Kent Elms was clear today, not a cone in sight. Mind you I reckon traffic cones are like gremlins, throw water over them and they pop up again everywhere. Probably though they are finished until after the B/H.

I am not sure if the road name to be honest but it is the road from Tesco Roundabout all the way down to the roundabout where the VW dealership is.
Kent Elms was clear yesterday

I have enough trouble flying anyway without being made to fly backwards! Plenty of people who fly will be couples or immediate family, there is no need to make them fly backwards so they can sit next to their partner, child etc. Plus if they still recline, you'd never be able to get out for the loo!

Imagine being in the middle seat of the 9 how claustrophobic would that be!

Flying backwards is something those that have had the pleasure of flying a VC10 will no very well. The old RAF passenger transport aircraft used to have all its seats facing backwards.

Imagine being in the middle seat of the 9 how claustrophobic would that be!

Flying backwards is something those that have had the pleasure of flying a VC10 will no very well. The old RAF passenger transport aircraft used to have all its seats facing backwards.
My brother-in-Law used to work at AWRE and he once flew from the UK to Canada in a VC10. He's been mentally scared ever since.

Top option makes sense. I'm due out to Greece in August so we need to get the infection rate down so Greece will accept UK holidaymakers and the airlines need to get something in place. I'm not one for masks but I'll wear one on a plane for 3 hours if it gets me to Greece

I’m supposed to be going to Tenerife in August and really hope I get to go. Same as you I’d take anything to go!

In all these plane passengers and seat pictures there are just regular average size folk yet when I get on a plane I seem to be a lardarse magnet and get fatties to the left and right and a few screaming children behind and in front.
Unreal representative pictures imo!

In all these plane passengers and seat pictures there are just regular average size folk yet when I get on a plane I seem to be a lardarse magnet and get fatties to the left and right and a few screaming children behind and in front.
Unreal representative pictures imo!

I remember flying from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. I was seated next to a really large American who must have gone 25st.

After takeoff I asked for a drink and was offered a choice of water or coffee.

The large American whipped out a really nice bottle of Whisky and shared it with everyone in the surrounding seats.

I remember flying from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. I was seated next to a really large American who must have gone 25st.

After takeoff I asked for a drink and was offered a choice of water or coffee.

The large American whipped out a really nice bottle of Whisky and shared it with everyone in the surrounding seats.
IIRC American Airlines have the largest seats and legroom of any of the major carriers.

Reactions: GBJ
Nice to see the sea front packed :Facepalm:

Yep, this is today.
11408475.jpg

11408472.jpg

Back