• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Ladies and Gentleman,

I know the past two days have had some incidents that everyone would love to discuss. Can we please not make reference to that or anything political on the site. We do not allow politics or political chat of any form.

This is a gentle reminder.

Reactions: RHB
Ladies and Gentleman,

I know the past two days have had some incidents that everyone would love to discuss. Can we please not make reference to that or anything political on the site. We do not allow politics or political chat of any form.

This is a gentle reminder.

Then stop posting pictures that invite comment. Bitching about people being in Southend is completely pointless if you are going to delete any replies that even hint at the cause of it because it might be party to the P word then you might as well delete the whole thread.

Then stop posting pictures that invite comment. Bitching about people being in Southend is completely pointless if you are going to delete any replies that even hint at the cause of it because it might be party to the P word then you might as well delete the whole thread.

Firstly, what picture have I posted that has invited comment? I merely pointed out that Southend was busy.

Your reply was pointing towards blame for this being on the current situation being discussed which is political! That is why it was deleted as it invoked more political discussion.

The rules are the rules, if you wish to discuss it further then feel free to send me a PM.

Well according to some it was okay last week, so this was always going to be the case today. Another nice one due tomorrow so sure it’ll be more of the same, especially with it being half term week.

Back to work tomorrow after a delightful 3 days off, work is always busy when it’s a shorter week but think by Friday I’d have had enough of it all. Thankfully delivering on the industrial sites in Shoebury again so shouldn’t be too busy as it was pretty dead around there last week.

I remember flying from Los Angeles to Las Vegas. I was seated next to a really large American who must have gone 25st.

Which reminds me, the Vegas buffets are delicious. I would especially recommend MGM Grand & Luxor

Just returned from taking my son his birthday card over to Shoebury, & then having a lovely walk along East Beach.
Quite a few people there, but all 'socially distancing', which was good to see. One thing i did observe, was that a good 75% were eastern European, i heard them chatting as i walked past the many groups spread out.
When i worked at nearby EGL in Campfield Rd, at least 50% of the 200 plus workforce were Eastern Europeans, all there from local Job Agencies. EGL is back open, so guess none of these work there?.

Can I politely ask, genuinely, why not?
Goes back to Brexit when arguments went round and round like a merry-go-round and sometimes crossed the line.
In fact it goes back further than that @Thorper. You may recall that we once had a Politics Forum and as you can imagine it got more than a bit lively, to the point where we were regularly receiving reports against posters from other posters, and more often than not the comments became so personal that we took the decision to close the forum and ban politics from the Zone as folk just couldn't debate sensibly. It wasn't a decision taken lightly and it will not be rescinded.

In fact it goes back further than that @Thorper. You may recall that we once had a Politics Forum and as you can imagine it got more than a bit lively, to the point where we were regularly receiving reports against posters from other posters, and more often than not the comments became so personal that we took the decision to close the forum and ban politics from the Zone as folk just couldn't debate sensibly. It wasn't a decision taken lightly and it will not be rescinded.
Thanks for that. The reason I asked was that I follow two other club forums, and on both political comment is allowed. The mods only step in if it gets personal or abusive. It seems to work well and there's some good, intelligent debate on there. However, I do understand your reasoning on here.

When i worked at nearby EGL in Campfield Rd, at least 50% of the 200 plus workforce were Eastern Europeans, all there from local Job Agencies.

I worked there in the early 90s (although they were in Rochford then) and there were very few foreign staff.

I still have flashbacks about the place.

It would appear that the travelling community have had extra people join their group today and the council won’t move them on under the COVID regulations/legislation recently brought in.
The local councillor has informed us that when someone new joins the group they then have to isolate the group for 14 days -so in effect if someone joins them every 14 days the council are powerless (or so they say).
In the meantime our neighbourhood has to put up with all the anti-social going ons and today a resident found a big bucket of human waste and have been using this as a toilet and literally dumped it in a brook.

It would appear that the travelling community have had extra people join their group today and the council won’t move them on under the COVID regulations/legislation recently brought in.
The local councillor has informed us that when someone new joins the group they then have to isolate the group for 14 days -so in effect if someone joins them every 14 days the council are powerless (or so they say).
In the meantime our neighbourhood has to put up with all the anti-social going ons and today a resident found a big bucket of human waste and have been using this as a toilet and literally dumped it in a brook.

They turfed the ones out that showed up on Canvey - maybe your councillors should speak to the Castle Point ones!

They turfed the ones out that showed up on Canvey - maybe your councillors should speak to the Castle Point ones!

And the ones in Thurrock too, seems Southend Council,are dragging their heels and citing COVID regulations for any non actions.
So frustrating

The problem is that they don't like to poo in their own caravans traditionally, because of smell lingering in a confined space. So they've always gone in the woods or bushes, or in a bucket. On a site they were given in Cardiff, the council built them a toilet block at the council's expense. They smashed the toilets and took all the pipes to use for other things.

Back