• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

On the subject of water, my wife has just been talking to one of her friends who's son works at David Lloyds Leisure Centre. It seems that the travellers have been taking advantage of the Centre's outdoor swimming pool.

On the subject of water, my wife has just been talking to one of her friends who's son works at David Lloyds Leisure Centre. It seems that the travellers have been taking advantage of the Centre's outdoor swimming pool.
Yep they have as we have heard them all.
The police were powerless to act as according to them “No criminal damage had occurred”.
Honestly I am so disappointed with the attitude of Southend Council and there inability to deal with this.
If any of the travellers had pitched up next to them I am totally convinced they would have been moved on by now.
I have suggested to the council maybe it would be a good idea for them to move into our neighbourhood and I shall pack my case and move into their property and then they will see what we have to deal with.
Now they are going to provide running water if anyone tests positive ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️And I have already enquired as to who is going to pay for this supply of water as if they are getting it free then I too want SBC to pay my water bill and that I am being discriminated against for not being a traveller and besides what message does this send out

The police were powerless to act as according to them “No criminal damage had occurred”.

Honestly I am so disappointed with the attitude of Southend Council and there inability to deal with this.
If any of the travellers had pitched up next to them I am totally convinced they would have been moved on by now.
I have suggested to the council maybe it would be a good idea for them to move into our neighbourhood and I shall pack my case and move into their property and then they will see what we have to deal with.
Now they are going to provide running water if anyone tests positive ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️And I have already enquired as to who is going to pay for this supply of water as if they are getting it free then I too want SBC to pay my water bill and that I am being discriminated against for not being a traveller and besides what message does this send out

I guarantee you that when the travellers finally leave, that if I or any other non traveller, were to go and use that swimming pool whilst under the same conditions of the David Lloyd centre being shut, the police would not turn a blind eye. We would be thrown out, we would get warned not to do it again, even tho no criminal damage was done.

Might end up with a permanent camp the way it's going .Southend Council has always used the excuse it had no land for a site ......appears the numbers are growing with free water and waste services seems like a perfect place to stay.The Police as usual ignoring the way the land was illegally accessed and turning a blind eye .....might as well open David Lloyd for them !

Might end up with a permanent camp the way it's going .Southend Council has always used the excuse it had no land for a site ......appears the numbers are growing with free water and waste services seems like a perfect place to stay.The Police as usual ignoring the way the land was illegally accessed and turning a blind eye .....might as well open David Lloyd for them !

Wouldn't surprise me, if they gave them all free membership?.

Well you can imagine them phoning up relatives and traveller friends, and telling them that they have found a site that is only a few minutes drive to the beach, and the police have let them use the superb outdoor swimming pool. And the council are ever so kind, and starting to provide them with things they need. This might not end well.

Update on the travellers. The council being nice and welcoming to them by turning a blind eye and giving free water etc, has badly backfired. More travellers turned up as predicted. Anti social behaviour has rocketed on the site as they are getting loads of cans of beer and other alcohol from the Tesco just around the corner. So urinating in public, pool parties in the day, and drunken parties going through the night, with lots of noise, and residents unable to sleep. Two residents have had the sale of their house fall through due to the buyers pulling out over the site they say. The council has now been forced to do a U-turn and now want them out ASAP (You can't give an inch to travellers). So they are now going to the magistrates court to seek possession. The travellers will probably play the Covid-19 card to stay longer.

Where next for the travellers, any bets on Garons, Cherry Orchard, Priory Park, East Beach or Leigh marshes?

Update on the travellers. The council being nice and welcoming to them by turning a blind eye and giving free water etc, has badly backfired. More travellers turned up as predicted. Anti social behaviour has rocketed on the site as they are getting loads of cans of beer and other alcohol from the Tesco just around the corner. So urinating in public, pool parties in the day, and drunken parties going through the night, with lots of noise, and residents unable to sleep. Two residents have had the sale of their house fall through due to the buyers pulling out over the site they say. The council has now been forced to do a U-turn and now want them out ASAP (You can't give an inch to travellers). So they are now going to the magistrates court to seek possession. The travellers will probably play the Covid-19 card to stay longer.
I saw a message yesterday evening saying they are now planning on eviction.
I have no problem with anyone or how they want to live but sometimes they just make it harder on themselves and have this attitude than nothing or no one is of importance other than themselves and having what they want. Even yesterday they broke the lock of a local playground and allowed their children to play on all the equipment when other local children have followed the guidelines and not played in the park.
As a member of DL, what I would have given to have gone swimming in their outdoor pool but we have had to follow the rules.
We have over the past few weeks been subjected to constant noise, shouting & screaming with some of it going onto the early hours. They have piled up rubbish on the road side which have now developed into a rat infestation alongside them using the green area and brook as a toilet.
SBC have seriously let down the residents who live in close proximity to where they have camped and it is only by local people constantly reporting anti-social behaviour and constantly contacting their local councillor that something is finally happening.
I didn’t know know about house sales falling through but I guess you can’t blame people.
I feel really sorry for the people to whom they are gonna rolled up to next though (that is if they do actually go and don’t play the COVID card).

Where next for the travellers, any bets on Garons, Cherry Orchard, Priory Park, East Beach or Leigh marshes?
They normally go direct to the Millennium Park after being evicted from Snakes Lane which is by the A127 and where most local call it the dog park. I have heard that one of the locks has already been broken in the past couple of days with the council going out yesterday to re-secure

Even yesterday they broke the lock of a local playground and allowed their children to play on all the equipment when other local children have followed the guidelines and not played in the park
We have over the past few weeks been subjected to constant noise, shouting & screaming with some of it going onto the early hours. They have piled up rubbish on the road side which have now developed into a rat infestation alongside them using the green area and brook as a toilet.
I didn’t know know about house sales falling through but I guess you can’t blame people.
I feel really sorry for the people to whom they are gonna rolled up to next though (that is if they do actually go and don’t play the COVID card).

See this is another thing that gets me. They break into wherever they want and use whatever they want. They are the masters of bolt cutters or cordless angle grinders, and they never get thrown off, and done for breaking and entering, damage and tresspass. But if any of the general public do any of that, the police would be the there like a shot, and take action with possible charges. The minimum would be all thrown out of the park. Regarding the house sales thing, I have that from someone else that lives close by, and it's now on the Echo site today.

Easy solution next time voting comes around...

But on today's Govmt Covid19 briefing, it quite clearly stated that swimming pools are to remain closed.
So although technically 'no criminal damage had occurred'. a deliberate breaking of the lock down rules did occur?.
When the time comes for them to be removed, no doubt the Police will be present. Wonder if they tell them to take all their rubbish with them, or receive a public littering instant fine??.

The police should then follow the pikeys in an unmarked car and catch them in the act of criminal damage breaking into the next park. Doubt they will go far. I walked passed the Snakes Lane lot on Friday and the music was on full blast but the rubbish did seem to be put outside for collection in an orderly manor.

Pretty shocking scenes on various social media from Old Leigh last night with Bell Wharf packed with loads of late teen/early 20s - very little social distancing going on.

One of our daily walk routes is along Snakes Lane and we went that way this morning. The camp is defintely now bigger than it was two days ago with new caravans now pitched up against the fence near the road side. Interestingly, David LLoyds is now allowing members to play tennis so no doubt they will add their weight to the complaints.

Pretty shocking scenes on various social media from Old Leigh last night with Bell Wharf packed with loads of late teen/early 20s - very little social distancing going on.
They’ve been congregating there in increasing numbers, also beside the Peterboat, for a couple of weeks. Also, up on the grass on Marine Parade. Beers, music, no social distance as you say but nobody’s stopping them.

They’ve been congregating there in increasing numbers, also beside the Peterboat, for a couple of weeks. Also, up on the grass on Marine Parade. Beers, music, no social distance as you say but nobody’s stopping them.
Also large groups at the grass area near Thorpe Bay yacht club again ignoring all advice on numbers and distancing.When your in the invincible age group with raging hormones and alcohol life's one big party with little thought for others.Just have to hope older family don't pay the price for a bit of fun

Back