• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Travellers update. The Snakes Lane lot have turned up in Rayleigh last week, on a field behind ASDA, and today at Garons Southend. At Snakes Lane they played a covid-19 card to extend the stay. So if they like the site, they will probably be there 3-4 weeks, by using the covid-19 excuse rather than the normal 1-2 weeks stay. Last year they parked up in the field behind ASDA Shoebury. They seem to be parking next to, or near Supermarkets these days.

The ones at Rayleigh Asda moved on yesterday.

Travellers update. The Snakes Lane lot have turned up in Rayleigh last week, on a field behind ASDA, and today at Garons Southend. At Snakes Lane they played a covid-19 card to extend the stay. So if they like the site, they will probably be there 3-4 weeks, by using the covid-19 excuse rather than the normal 1-2 weeks stay. Last year they parked up in the field behind ASDA Shoebury. They seem to be parking next to, or near Supermarkets these days.

Our local councillor has said that the council are now looking at putting in more robust locks, bollards etc to prevent them entering again.
I will wait and see but did have a walk over to Snakes Lane field yesterday and the council have already started clearing up.

Our local councillor has said that the council are now looking at putting in more robust locks, bollards etc to prevent them entering again.
I will wait and see but did have a walk over to Snakes Lane field yesterday and the council have already started clearing up.

Yes, my friend said they left quite a mess as expected, and it was a massive clearing up job. Perhaps if they were made to pay for clearing up any mess and damage they wouldn't do it, you know, maybe make them pay for locks, barriers and bollards that are broke to get in, just like we would be made to pay, but making them pay, or charging them with anything seems to be obove our councils and police. As for robust locks, they have the tools that cut through the best locks. There was also youtube videos of them knocking down concrete bollards. And then tying a rope to pull them out fully with their larger vehicles. The bollards have to be set into very deep concrete in the gound to stop this. It's probably going to cost a fortune to stop them for good.

I swear this happens every year around this time of year and yet the council are always slow to act!

It happens every year during the good weather months. They travel to an area, and then target another area close by that is normally well to do, to do their work scams. Bungalows are the favourites as they have the most old people in. That's why they pitch up at Garons, or in Shoebury, and knock on the doors at Thorpe Bay. Not many people want work done in the winter, so they go and stay on their proper traveller site, or in their house for Christmas. That's why you never hear of them parking up in a field locally during the winter. So if the council realised this, they could predict the months it's going to happen. Like you say, it's the same every year.

I live close to Garons, and today I had two very thin flyers put through the door by the same person. One address has a farm in Billericay, and one address is from Basildon. One is for roof guttering unblock, clean or repair, it said we're in your area(lucky us), and one is the usual one for gardening services with special rates for O.A.P.s. Special alright.

I live close to Garons, and today I had two very thin flyers put through the door by the same person. One address has a farm in Billericay, and one address is from Basildon. One is for roof guttering unblock, clean or repair, it said we're in your area(lucky us), and one is the usual one for gardening services with special rates for O.A.P.s. Special alright.

Sounds like the same flyers I had through my door when they were situated close by to me

Sad thing is TSNB, as happens every year, some guillible people will respond & get fleeced big time?.

Sad thing is TSNB, as happens every year, some guillible people will respond & get fleeced big time?.

If these are the same group that Snakes Lane now pitched up at Garons and you live nearby be prepared for the noise and shouting which we had until often the early hours of the morning

How many people leave metal and white good outside their houses in the hope that they are 'removed'...and then complain about the mess that travelers leave behind?

How many people leave metal and white good outside their houses in the hope that they are 'removed'...and then complain about the mess that travelers leave behind?

Local councils and AO.com offer a paid service to pick up white goods. You are instructed to leave outside your house. But yes, some people think they can leave it out for anyone, without paying. Regarding the mess travellers leave behind, it's taken the council 2 and a bit days to clear up the horrendous mess I'm told at Snakes Lane, that the travellers left behind. Made even harder by human waste and lots of dog waste.

Not happening in Hockley either, although they are still planning to put the lights up, just no events happening.

Last edited:
Back