• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Just tried to go to the tip - Canvey queuing for an hour and a half, darted up to Pitsea and that was two and a half. Turned round and came home as we wanted to be home to pay our respects to Alf. Will try again later.

Went to my local tip near Falmouth - no problem only two cars in front of me :Clap:

Went to my local tip near Falmouth - no problem only two cars in front of me :Clap:
ŵk
Hi there grumpy blue I’m a season ticket holder for many years just saw your post the wife & I should now be down in Falmouth for a weeks holiday but had to cancel . So better luck next year . Blue army

Went back to Canvey tip after Alf's funeral procession, but went via McDonalds and had a coffee in the car while waiting for just over an hour. Well organised but the left hand queue is definitely longer!

Went back to Canvey tip after Alf's funeral procession, but went via McDonalds and had a coffee in the car while waiting for just over an hour. Well organised but the left hand queue is definitely longer!

Drove past Rayleigh Tip 11.40am today, long queue to get in there.

I don't even understand how Rayleigh has a tip where it is right in the middle of residential areas! It's always a nightmare if you try to drive past at the weekends normally!
Glad it has with the increase in fly tipping! My wife took my small van to canvey with household waste and got told She was on camera and could get a 10 grand fine!
She doesn't look like a builder to be fair.

Glad it has with the increase in fly tipping! My wife took my small van to canvey with household waste and got told She was on camera and could get a 10 grand fine!
She doesn't look like a builder to be fair.

They've been quite clear on no trade though and the types of vehicles they'll let in.

I do the Veolia webcam thing for Stock Road Southend. Very handy to see if a long queue. They close today (Thursdays), always found that a bit strange.

As Leigh Tip does as well, odd?.

On the Veolia site it shows webcam for Leigh as well. Looks like it's open today, so they may have sensibly changed the Thursday thing. Quite busy just now as well.

On the Veolia site it shows webcam for Leigh as well. Looks like it's open today, so they may have sensibly changed the Thursday thing.

When I last visited my Mum - I found that Leigh was open when Stock Road was closed and vice versa

Forgot to drop in to Toolstation on the way home from the tip, so instead of taking the car out again we took a bus from Kent Elms to Progress Road. The effect of social spacing is quite severe and you could only sit in a window seat with nobody beside you and the two seats behind or in front not available. This meant that on a single decker bus the maximum passenger load was 10 seated with no standing allowed, and we had to wear masks. Profit may be hard to come by with those restrictions.

I don't even understand how Rayleigh has a tip where it is right in the middle of residential areas! It's always a nightmare if you try to drive past at the weekends normally!

It's been there for as long as I can remember but years ago there weren't queues - so many more people and more stuff thrown away nowadays I guess.

When I last visited my Mum - I found that Leigh was open when Stock Road was closed and vice versa

Quite correct.

Stock Road is closed on a Thursday and Leigh closes on a Wednesday.
The reason is that it gives the facility of a HWRC being available somewhere in the Borough seven days a week and both open fully over the weekends which is the busiest period.

Not particularly good news (though hardly unexpected, sadly) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53239256

EasyJet were unhappy about Ryanair coming in at Southend. It was their little airport when it first started to develop and then Ryanair came in and they’ve been miffed about it ever since. It wouldn’t surprise me them closing the base but it won’t mean that the flights will stop.

Yeah just heard about Easy jet although it was there hubs and not the flights.

Back