• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

The pier walk is great when sunny and not windy. That fresh air is just superb. Jelly fish spotting time as well, that adds to it. Good strength suncream and drinks advised, for anyone trying it.

From end of this month throughout August, at times you can see shoals of Mullet near the wooden stanchions along the length & under the Pier Head.

Would have thought that park would have had the necessary large concrete blocks en place to deter them. Obviously not?.

They left a hell of a mess as usual at Garons. One of the enclosed fields they used has now got those huge concrete blocks, for next time. But that might send them onto the cricket pitch. Shoebury Park got a much stronger gate North Shoebury Road end, after previous encounters. But the Elm Road end is not secure enough as I think they have to get drive on lawnmowers and emergency vehicles in now and again.

They left a hell of a mess as usual at Garons. One of the enclosed fields they used has now got those huge concrete blocks, for next time. But that might send them onto the cricket pitch. Shoebury Park got a much stronger gate North Shoebury Road end, after previous encounters. But the Elm Road end is not secure enough as I think they have to get drive on lawnmowers and emergency vehicles in now and again.

No doubt Asda's are bracing themselves for some extra unwanted customers during the next few days ( or weeks? ).
I was in there about 1.15pm today, & they appeared to have no security staff around. Just the one guy on the door, counting people in & out. Reckon that will change very promptly, after what happened last year, when they camped up there.

Gypos have now rocked up at Shoebury Park off Elm Road!

Just been reading some of the comments from local residents over on the shoebury FB page and obviously quite a few are very unhappy especially as they have been driving all over the grass, urinating up people fences and just generally being loud.

Just been reading some of the comments from local residents over on the shoebury FB page and obviously quite a few are very unhappy especially as they have been driving all over the grass, urinating up people fences and just generally being loud.

Why have the locals been driving all over the grass, urinating up people fences and just generally being loud ??

:Smile::Whistling:

What on earth happened to the new laws politicians were spouting about implementing a few months ago, saying they'd get these pondlifes removed within a day of illegally setting up sites?

No doubt Asda's are bracing themselves for some extra unwanted customers during the next few days ( or weeks? ).
I was in there about 1.15pm today, & they appeared to have no security staff around. Just the one guy on the door, counting people in & out. Reckon that will change very promptly, after what happened last year, when they camped up there.

It's normally their teenage girls that do the supermarkets. They have one in the middle stealing, and two blockers either side. Some don't even bother with that. Asda will probably put on more security for the next few weeks, after last time, like you said. Three years ago they hit the small shops and takeaways in Shoebury with the ''You've given me the wrong change'' scam. And if the shop person doesn't pay, they threaten to call the travellers to come and smash the shop up. A woman working in the bakery told me about it. She said all the shops were hit by it.

It's normally their teenage girls that do the supermarkets. They have one in the middle stealing, and two blockers either side. Some don't even bother with that. Asda will probably put on more security for the next few weeks, after last time, like you said. Three years ago they hit the small shops and takeaways in Shoebury with the ''You've given me the wrong change'' scam. And if the shop person doesn't pay, they threaten to call the travellers to come and smash the shop up. A woman working in the bakery told me about it. She said all the shops were hit by it.

The way things have been going payment by card will become the norm, several shops have been going card only to avoid the handling of cash issue through the pandemic, that should make things interesting for the wrong change scam...
Even my window cleaner is now changed over to bank transfer, actually did that before the pandemic. He just drops a note through my door to say he's been and I pay him online, job done; no more hiding the money under a flowerpot or suchlike.

Well, they arrived on Tuesday, and on Wednesday this happened. According to ASDA staff, it was some of the traveller kids.

A MUM watched in horror as a group of “lunatic” yobs caused mayhem in a busy supermarket.

The 38-year-old, who wished to remain anonymous, has spoken of the incident which saw the youngsters run riot in Asda, Shoebury, on Wednesday evening.

Gobsmacked, she watched the yobs, who she believes were no older than 11, throw baskets around and verbally abuse and intimidate staff, scaring parents who were visiting the shop with their little ones.
The witness, a woman from Shoebury, watched staff chase the youngsters around for about 40 minutes before they left the store on North Shoebury Road.

She said: “I had only popped in for some food shopping, but what I saw was absolute carnage. It was about 7pm when a group of kids no older than 11 started running up and down the aisles with basket holders, throwing baskets about not caring who they hit, getting up in staff members’ faces, absolutely abusing them and screaming the C-word.
“You would’ve thought by the noise there was 26 of them, you could hear the lunatics down the other end of the store.”
Essex Police, who attended the incident, have also confirmed goods were stolen during the commotion.
The mother continued: “I’m extremely lucky I didn’t have my four-month-old with me, but there were parents with toddlers who were petrified. Security was chasing the kids for about 40 minutes before the police arrived.
“It was hideous, staff were trying to corner them to get them out, but the kids were getting all up in their faces without a mask on. I felt so sorry for them.”

Martin Terry, cabinet member for community safety and customer contact, said: “This is absolutely disgusting behaviour. Whether it’s a coincidence or not we had the exact same problem this time last year, when the store had to close because of it. I’ve had also other reports about this kind of behaviour in that vicinity too.

And that is why so many people dislike them.
They do nothing to make people want them in their community and at times they think they are above the law of the country and many a time they get away with it.
Having recently had them around my way I feel for the people living nearby

What have the law done about them, taken a knee?

According to someone that works at ASDA, the police chased them back to their caravans. and that was it. Now this is part of the problem. There seems to be no cause and effect and punishment from the parents and the police. If they were other members of the public parked up on that field in caravans, the police would of knocked onto every caravan they saw the kids run into. They would have told the parents, and given a lecture about running wild in a supermarket, throwing baskets about, stealing, and being in the faces of staff, and calling staff the c word. They would have given a warning to both kids and parents, and they would have recovered some of the stolen goods. The same thing happened last year, and it was even worse, and ASDA closed the store. The kids know they can do it every time they park there each summer, knowing all that will happen is they will get chased back to the caravans. They know they are above the law, and the police are terrified to approach the adults.

Back