• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Southend only news.

Was in a shop yesterday and a guy was not wearing a mask. Thd assistant asked him to put a mask on ,he then said he had a medical
exemption and that was that. Think you'll see alot of people just saying the same soon

Wore a mask for the first time when shopping yesterday at Morrisons - not a big shop, just a basket for a few bits for the weekend. Have to say I found it difficult, had to have my mouth open the whole time as felt like I couldn't breath properly, which then made me hot and uncomfortable. Shall stick to click and collects for the foreseeable and just pop in if I have to to.

I had the same in the Range. So a group of us pulled down all their ornamental statues......Which made us all feel a lot better.

Had a women in front of me at the shops today, she had a mask on and also gloves. Then in the queue waiting to pay she put hand santiser on the gloves and rubbed them together only to take them off to put her card into the machine and enter her pin number to pay!
Seen plenty of people in mask and gloves only to pull down mask and pull of a glove with their teeth so they can do something on their phone.

I wasn't keen on the mask to start with but it needs to be done and you get used to it.

We have had lots of enquiries from people asking about the exemption.
To be exempt from having to wear a mask for whatever reason you go to the Gov website and download the exemption form yourself so I would expect to see lots of people do this purely on the grounds that they just don’t want to wear them.

I didn't have to wear one at Asda as I didn't have one, they don't sell them and its not compulsory

I didn't have to wear one at Asda as I didn't have one, they don't sell them and its not compulsory
Tbh didn't realise there not compulsory! In shops in benfleet I seem to be the only one wearing one so makes sense.

Sainsbury have already said they wont enforce mask wearing and as Rigsby mentioned, Asda aren't overly fussed if you don't bother. Personally, I'm wearing one in shops although the staff seem not to.
And there is the sticking point. The supermarkets are not required to enforce wearing a mask, that's a job for the police, but whether we like it or not it is compulsory.

Like you, I'm wearing a mask as the logic makes good sense. Those that don't run a greater risk of spreading the virus than those that do. But like so many things in this country, who gives a **** what the medical evidence points towards eh?

Must have made your career as a firefighter challenging

Thats why I'm retired....

You sound like one of those people who judge without knowing anyones story.....There has been far to much of that since the 'official' start of Covid.

Back to Southend. The beach at Thorpe bay still had plenty of room for all so don't miss out.....Enjoy it why you still can.

Just been into B & Q Southend and quite a lot not wearing a mask. Sadly nobody was going to ask them to either.....not worth the potential agro I imagine.

Thats why I'm retired....

You sound like one of those people who judge without knowing anyones story.....There has been far to much of that since the 'official' start of Covid.

Back to Southend. The beach at Thorpe bay still had plenty of room for all so don't miss out.....Enjoy it why you still can.
You sound like someone who changes their story when you get called out.

Back