• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp in a Kilt

THUGS PLOUGH UP SOCCER PITCH

By Sarah Murphy

A soccer pitch was damaged by thugs who used a stolen tractor to cause thousands of Euros of damage.

It is understood a group of youths broke into Southend United's grounds at Kilbarry, in Waterford City, breaking through a barrier fence.

They then drove across the playing pitch, and crashed the stolen vehicle into the club's changing rooms.

The pitch was torn up, and a brick wall at the back of the changing rooms was destroyed.

Gardai are investigating the incident. It was the second such incident at a soccer ground in Waterford City in the past year.

A spokesman for the Gardai said "We are looking closely at the movements of the local members of the Irish Colchester United Supporters Club. They are a bit wild, and not that good with their geography, especially after a drop o' Guiness and a quick flirt with the sheep."

Irish Independent, Tuesday 4th May (well most of it...)

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 12 2004,07:56)]...and if you're still in cold turkey follow our cousins from New zealand whose season has begun at Southend United FC ~ New Zealand Chapter

unfortuanately they've just lost 13-3  
sad.gif
You get around, Artful! I didn't know about the NZ guys, and they say that there is a Southend United in Canada? I knew about the Scottish one though. Our beloved club should set up links on the home page to all the other SUFC's.

Could we not "Twin" ourselves with the New Zealand SU AFC?

Could be quite an interesting diversion through the close season!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 12 2004,08:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 12 2004,07:56)]...and if you're still in cold turkey follow our cousins from New zealand whose season has begun at Southend United FC ~ New Zealand Chapter

sad.gif
You get around, Artful! I didn't know about the NZ guys, and they say that there is a Southend United in Canada? I knew about the Scottish one though.  Our beloved club should set up links on the home page to all the other SUFC's.
Would Sheffield, Sc**thorpe and Sutton all be invited?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ May 12 2004,10:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 12 2004,08:06)]
[b said:

sad.gif
You get around, Artful! I didn't know about the NZ guys, and they say that there is a Southend United in Canada? I knew about the Scottish one though.  Our beloved club should set up links on the home page to all the other SUFC's.
Would Sheffield, Sc**thorpe and Sutton all be invited?
No.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BluePartridge @ May 12 2004,10:54)]Would Sheffield, Sc**thorpe and Sutton all be invited?
No.[/QUOTE]
Oops, silly me.... thanks for fielding that one, BP
laugh.gif

It's odd that there's a Southend in Co Waterford. My Mum's side of the family are from Waterford and I've been there loads but have never seen any reference to the team. We should arrange a pre-season away trip there!
smile.gif

But dere was plenty of jobs for de Oirish at Coriton back in de fifties when moi Grandaddy was a lad!
tounge.gif

Back