• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Just got back from a 10 day mini-bus tour with my mates covering France,Belgium,Luxemburg,Germany, Austria etc to see the world cup. Had a cracking time and had a few Southend related experience I thought I would share.

* At Saudia Arabia game got chatting with some Brum fans one of em claimed to be Lewis Hunts mate and said Lewis loved it at Southend and is so excited about new season

* I spoke to some Yeovil fans about Steve Collis. They said he is a fantastic shot stopper and very commanding in his box but said his kicking is terrible. They also think we are after another Yeovil player.

* Finally my best story. We decided to watch the England vs Trinadad game in Munich as we were sick of being in the Mini Bus so we went to the Olypmic fan festival to watch the game. We was first ones in so got a prime spot.

We watched Ecuador game and were pretty battered by the time game finished due to strong larger and hot sun.

I was just falling asleep on the bank when tow of mates come running over with a camera and show me a picture of a "Celeb" they have had snaps with. Looked at the snap - First Impression was it was Cafu (Beer was strong) but it turned out to be Stan the man. My mates has told him i was Southend and he told them where he was and said I was to come over.

I was up like a shot after they pointed him out. Walked upto him just as she was heading to the front. Conversation went as follows :

DtS: Stan Collymore?
SC: yes mate
DtS: I am a Southend fan
SC: So am I mate
DtS: What are you doing here Stan
SC: Watching game with my mates. Come and help me with the flag (At which point I helped Stan hang the "Cannock St Georges flag on the fence at the front)

DtS: So did you enjoy your time at Southend
SC: Loved every minute of it.
SC: Its been a great season - Tilly has done great
DtS: Yes - Do you think you will ever come back to Southend stan
SC: Never say never but I dont think so. I have been in America working on a film and have really enjoyed that.
DtS:Can I have a picture Stan?
SC: Of course ( Follow 5 snaps in various poses)
SC: Why dont you and you mates join us where were sitting?
DtS: (I declined as we had better seats)

Dts Mate : Is it true you put choclate fingers up Kirsty Gallacher.
DtS; Hides head in shame.
SC: Well you know - All a bit of fun.

And that was it. We parted but i can honestly say I dont think I have ever met a more genuine bloke. He had time for everyone that spoke and seemed delighted when he knew I was a Southend fan.

At this point I would put the snaps up on this site but due to a sneaky German thief stealing all our stuff from out tent including my Stan snaps and my LDV 1995 shorts on the last day all i have is memories.

Still - What a hero.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
cool.gif

met many a southend fan out there.. and only celebs i met were A-list
wink.gif

freddy flintoff.. what a bloke, suited and booted and ****ed.. what a legend

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ June 19 2006,13:02)]Where's all the snaps then....

rock.gif
think i will post my snaps up shortly..

when myself and littleman went to Jamaica we met Gary Lineker. and the BBC crew (not sheffield) what a top bloke..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ June 19 2006,13:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and the BBC crew (not sheffield)
Good job to it wernt! Littleman would have stood and you would have run a mile J
tounge.gif
at least i could run a mile
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ June 19 2006,13:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ June 19 2006,13:02)]Where's all the snaps then....

rock.gif
What me?  
mad.gif
Haha, sorry Dave me ol' mucker that wasn't directed at you....

But now I look back on it, that was indeed funny!...

You didnt have a Southend flag up at the Saudi V Tunisia game did you, I swear I saw one?..

rock.gif
laugh.gif

Back