• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Rock

I've got that on vhs tape somewhere! trouble is i've not got anything to play it on!
Good find and well worth a watch.

Mr Cricko

I dont remember if I took all my smarties today but this filled a vacuum that was there

and not only the music but I went looking for my bait digging fork as well

Me neither.
Thought it was to do with Southend Rock (you know the stick of sea side rock ???).
Brought back memories for me as that was my first job leaving school at 16 working at Grovners Rock Factory.

Did you know one of the brothers that owned it...Stan Knatchbull?

Me neither.
Thought it was to do with Southend Rock (you know the stick of sea side rock ???).
Brought back memories for me as that was my first job leaving school at 16 working at Grovners Rock Factory.

Burgess Hats started there to.

Did you know one of the brothers that owned it...Stan Knatchbull?
I worked in the shop ('The Rockery') that the other brother Roy ran when I was at school, and we also would work in the Grosvenor factory when it was out of season. Even now, many many years later, look back on those times as the most fun I've ever had.

I worked in the shop ('The Rockery') that the other brother Roy ran when I was at school, and we also would work in the Grosvenor factory when it was out of season. Even now, many many years later, look back on those times as the most fun I've ever had.
Ditto and then after I left the rock factory I went and worked on their stall along the front.
Sadly, many years later I ended up seeing Stan in one of the local care homes

I got rejected for a job making/selling dinky donuts on the seafront.

Back