• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Squad

Shrimper

Life President
Hello all,

I've been wondering about the state of our squad with all the transfer activity going outwards and a little bit about the ones going in. The main question i wan't to ask is how many first teamers do we actually have at the moment?

Ian Joyce
Steven Mildenhall
Clark Masters (Out on Loan this season)
Peter Clarke
Simon Francis
Adam Barrett
Osei Sankofa
Alan McCormack
Nicky Bailey
Alex Revell
Damian Scannell
Matt Harrold :doh:
Lee Barnard

That's all i can think off but to me it doesn't seem like a proper squad that would challenge for promotion. Yes, i know there is still some time left in the transfer window, btu we know what Southend are like. So, have i missed anyone out and what are everyone's thoughts on our performances?

Hello all,

I've been wondering about the state of our squad with all the transfer activity going outwards and a little bit about the ones going in. The main question i wan't to ask is how many first teamers do we actually have at the moment?

Ian Joyce
Steven Mildenhall
Clark Masters (Out on Loan this season)
Peter Clarke
Simon Francis
Adam Barrett
Osei Sankofa
Alan McCormack
Nicky Bailey
Alex Revell
Damian Scannell
Matt Harrold :doh:
Lee Barnard

That's all i can think off but to me it doesn't seem like a proper squad that would challenge for promotion. Yes, i know there is still some time left in the transfer window, btu we know what Southend are like. So, have i missed anyone out and what are everyone's thoughts on our performances?

Paul Furlong
Franck Moussa

Currently as it stands.

GK
Mildenhall
Joyce

DEF
Francis
Barrett
Sankofa
Clarke (Transfer Listed and his house is up for sale)

MID
McCormack
Moussa
Scannell
Bailey (Transfer Listed)

FOR
Barnard
Revell
Walker
Furlong
Harrold (Transfer Listed)
Foran (Transfer Listed)

YOUNGSTERS
Herd
Ademeno
Lokando
Masters
Forshaw
O'Keefe

Knew i had forgot some. Furlong, how was he against Fulham, did he manage to move faster than Goater? I wouldn't call Herd, Ademeno first teamers yet, more fringe players who are more commonly reserve players.

:angel:

Knew i had forgot some. Furlong, how was he against Fulham, did he manage to move faster than Goater? I wouldn't call Herd, Ademeno first teamers yet, more fringe players who are more commonly reserve players.

:angel:

For his age Furlong is still pretty quick, a lot more mobile than the goat

Didn't know Henry did

Johnny Herd, Charles Ademeno and Peggy Lokando all have professional contracts; Luke Thurlbourne, Jamie Forshaw, James Lindie and Rhys Henry have all signed one-year 'development' contracts; Stuart O'Keefe and Ronnie Jones are both second-year scholars who have featured so far in first-team friendlies.

Johnny Herd, Charles Ademeno and Peggy Lokando all have professional contracts; Luke Thurlbourne, Jamie Forshaw, James Lindie and Rhys Henry have all signed one-year 'development' contracts; Stuart O'Keefe and Ronnie Jones are both second-year scholars who have featured so far in first-team friendlies.

from wat i hear Luke Thurlbourne and James Lindie were 19 before the 1st July but Forshaw n Henrys birthdays are after Henry is a day younger!

apprently these 'development' contracts are actually pro's but who knows

This isn't a new thread but one of 23 similar old ones.

Maybe all these threads need their own section on the forum. Would be a popular place to post! I wonder how many of these posts we have had this pre season compared to the past two coz each pre season it is the same thing.

I am sure by now the world and his dog realise that we do not have enough players. But you can not force players to come to us and i am sure Tilly is doing his best in bringing in the right type of player we need.

Back