• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend street crime.

I think it is getting that way all over, my exes brother was stabbed and killed in Basildon a couple of years back. There have been two murders down my road since I've lived there (Moulsham St Chelmsford). A guy a lot of my mates played football with on a Saturday was stabbed and killed in Gt Baddow and a guy I knew from the gym was shot and killed in gt baddow all in the last couple of years.

Sorry to get all political, but with the massive cuts to the police force, is it any wonder? 20,000 less officers since 2010.

I think it is getting that way all over, my exes brother was stabbed and killed in Basildon a couple of years back. There have been two murders down my road since I've lived there (Moulsham St Chelmsford). A guy a lot of my mates played football with on a Saturday was stabbed and killed in Gt Baddow and a guy I knew from the gym was shot and killed in gt baddow all in the last couple of years.

hmm you seem to be the common link. :winking:

Getting shot is pretty unusual.

I spend quite a lot of time in Chelmsford these days. See,s a lot nicer than Southend. Better shops and restaurants too.

Last edited:

And my son and his mate were mugged at knifepoint in Baddow Road, Great Baddow on Saturday evening - all for a tenner.

And my son and his mate were mugged at knifepoint in Baddow Road, Great Baddow on Saturday evening - all for a tenner.

Both the murders lately were down Baddow Rd. Baddow seems bad these days, wasn't when I grew up there. It's mostly drug related, both the murders I know down there were drug related. The John Pordage shooting was very unfortunate, he wasn't involved with the kids in question but just got into a scrap with them on the garage forecourt and got shot.

Getting shot is pretty unusual.

I spend quite a lot of time in Chelmsford these days. See,s a lot nicer than Southend. Better shops and restaurants too.

Central Chelmsford is nice certainly nicer than central Southend! but some of the outskirts are going very downhill

Both the murders lately were down Baddow Rd. Baddow seems bad these days, wasn't when I grew up there. It's mostly drug related, both the murders I know down there were drug related. The John Pordage shooting was very unfortunate, he wasn't involved with the kids in question but just got into a scrap with them on the garage forecourt and got shot.
There's a guy still on the run for this isn't there?

I don' think it's just Southend, it's Essex as a whole. It seems the gangs in London are now spreading further afield into Essex which in my opinion is a big cause of the increase in street crime.

I don' think it's just Southend, it's Essex as a whole. It seems the gangs in London are now spreading further afield into Essex which in my opinion is a big cause of the increase in street crime.

Kid stabbed to death up here last week. It's sadly a national epidemic.

Londoon had more murders, due to all the stabbings, in the month of February than New York. Apparently that's the first time it has ever happened. So it would appear that its not just guns that kill people.

Back