• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend 'tache XI

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
The beard XI (mascot Mark Beard) need a team to play.

Obviously Billy Best had a goalscoring record nearly as legendary as his 'tache, but otherwise I think the pickings may be thin as it seems to be more quantity over quality.

Excluding the late Jimmy Walker's pathetic effort, was Donut the last Southend superstar to sport a furry lip?

In goal Graham Horn appears to have a beauty and edges out the hapless Eric Steele.

Dave Cusack would have been a shoe-in, but is cup-tied having already been selected in the beard XI.

Looking back at old squad photos Peter Abbott and Steve Goodwin's growth on the upper lip can only be described as luxuriant. Any other nominations?

The beard XI (mascot Mark Beard) need a team to play.

Obviously Billy Best had a goalscoring record nearly as legendary as his 'tache, but otherwise I think the pickings may be thin as it seems to be more quantity over quality.

Excluding the late Jimmy Walker's pathetic effort, was Donut the last Southend superstar to sport a furry lip?

In goal Graham Horn appears to have a beauty and edges out the hapless Eric Steele.

Dave Cusack would have been a shoe-in, but is cup-tied having already been selected in the beard XI.

Looking back at old squad photos Peter Abbott and Steve Goodwin's growth on the upper lip can only be described as luxuriant. Any other nominations?

I meant to nominate Steve Hatter when I mentioned quantity over quality.

Thought it was a 'tache XI, or is it a donkey with a 'tache XI? Talking of which Roy McDonough.

Dave Chambers ,seen here sitting next to Billy Best.

southend.htm

Open the link in a new tab if you cant see it.

Ricky Otto, Steve Phillips and Billy Best. I have no idea if these chaps kept their 'taches for a long time, but they are all sporting them inthe book '100 Southend Greats'

Ricky Otto, Steve Phillips and Billy Best. I have no idea if these chaps kept their 'taches for a long time, but they are all sporting them inthe book '100 Southend Greats'

I think Phillips has gone into the bearded XI.

Terry Johnson also had a fine 'tache. And I think scourge of Southend taxi drivers wee Davie Cunningham had some form of growth on his upper lip.

I think Phillips has gone into the bearded XI.

Terry Johnson also had a fine 'tache. And I think scourge of Southend taxi drivers wee Davie Cunningham had some form of growth on his upper lip.

Really? I don't remember that. Have a feeling Stuart Brace did, but he was a blond boy so it never showed up particularly.

Have to say, the taches are proving rather easier than the beards! Is the XI full yet?

Back