• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/10...en_contract_talks_with_Kevan_Hurst/?ref=var_0

Also:

Brown is keen to open contract talks with key players before the end of the season to lower the chances of losing them on a free transfer.

And in-form midfielder Ryan Leonard is another influential performer who could be handed a new deal.

“Ryan actually has a clause in his contract which means he will still be our player next season but I’d like to look beyond that,” said Brown.

“He’s a young lad and the way he’s been playing he’s someone I would certainly like to tie down on a long term contract.”

Brilliant news!

Last edited:
Really top news this! Good to see we are looking to keep our best players and what with deals for Bentley and Smith sorted this is great progress.

Brilliant news!

Yes, agreed.

Is it me or is the club slowing making some progress this season - bit by bit. Such as developing players who have some talent, bringing 1 or 2 players from our own ranks, getting the best out of our seasoned professionals out of our seasoned professionals. And then add in the relatively low injury rate (Bennett excluded
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif
) and good discipline on the pitch .......... and dare I mention the financial position? I know we (S.U.F.C.) are not yet in the land of milk and honey but I perceive that there is a generally improving position.

Worst case their value goes up for sale

Best case scenario they win us the Champions League in 2018...at Fossetts Farm.

Clearly there's quite a lot in between.

Yes, agreed.

Is it me or is the club slowing making some progress this season - bit by bit. Such as developing players who have some talent, bringing 1 or 2 players from our own ranks, getting the best out of our seasoned professionals out of our seasoned professionals. And then add in the relatively low injury rate (Bennett excluded
Sad%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif
) and good discipline on the pitch .......... and dare I mention the financial position? I know we (S.U.F.C.) are not yet in the land of milk and honey but I perceive that there is a generally improving position.

Totally agree! From the perspective of someone like me, who doesn't claim to be particularly in the know with the goings-on behind the scenes, we certainly look to be steering the ship in the right direction (unfiled accounts aside!).

Brown clearly has a long term plan and seems to be viewing this as a long term project rather than putting all his eggs in one basket to get out of league 2 and potentially struggle to sustain ourselves in league 1. He's signing good young players and as Ricey said, ensuring the promising youngsters (Bentley, Smith, Leonard, Thompson) are staying part of the fold.

Real sense of positivity around at the moment and long may it continue.

think hurst is a must signing, good thing going for us is he loves it here at the moment and is enjoying his footie more than ever, get him signed up.

Hope he signs asap, but I wouldnt be at all surprised if he leaves it until the summer to keep his options open and to see what league we are in.

Great news, didn't know that about Lenny but I would hope he gets offered a new contract anyway before the end of the season. Can't have been on much when he signed.

Getting Hurst signed up on a new deal would be great.If we were to go up he would easily be capable of playing at a higher level and if we dont go up and in the summer league one teams come calling and he wants to leave we will get a reasonable amount of money for him.Win win situation

Another box ticked by the Manager. Phil Brown is really growing on me. He is saying all the right things, and doing all the right things.

I don't think it's only him, I think we have a really good CEO now as well, who is conscious of the need to do things at the right time e.g. discussing contracts.

Its something that's infuriated me for years now. I don't mind us losing a player if they don't want to re-sign, but when we don't offer contracts until too late its frustrating

Back