• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Southend Town Centre

Well done Cricko. I haven't seen any good video of the Caterpillar at the Kursaal that shows people the idea of the ride, but here it shows it perfectly, although not at the Kursaal. Stick with it, the cover comes over about 50 seconds in.

And at 50 seconds you are about to be covered in a million dead flies amongst all the other dust and rubbish.

Actually, just found this that features the Kursaal and some of the rides, including the Caterpillar. The Prisoner from 1968. Now that was one weird TV series starring Patrick McGoohan as Number 6. I think the writer must have been taking acid or something. One of those things you would watch just to see what weird things would happen, and the strange mess Number 6 would get himself into.

Fantastic find, @Tinks was probably on that ride then:Smile:

I never knew that an episode was filmed there. I always thought is was all filmed at Portmeirion.

Now mind that Big White Ball behind you.:Smile2:

Last edited:
@Tinks or @THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK are they the same person? :Smile:

Damn you Big Dady. I've been found out.
When getting off that ride, it did annoy me with the surprise shot of air from below. Right up my skirt.
jCO49TX.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely but sad new film "Christmas Spirit" directed by Andy Delany who previously directed videos for the Spice Girls and Duran Duran.

This short film is about boy who tries to help his dad deal with grief at Christmas in his own unique way, was filmed on location in Leigh-on-Sea.

It stars Curtis Flowers and introducing Bert Davis as the boy.

Highly Recommended

Leigh has been grief free since 1998.

Lovely but sad new film "Christmas Spirit" directed by Andy Delany who previously directed videos for the Spice Girls and Duran Duran.

This short film is about boy who tries to help his dad deal with grief at Christmas in his own unique way, was filmed on location in Leigh-on-Sea.

Highly Recommended

Wonderful Leigh scenes.

Highly Recommended

That was really good.

Thanks for posting.

Back