• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One of the most boring games I have seen, and we are expecetd to pay more next season for this!!
God I could have stayed at home and watched paint dry. No one looked up for it except Ferdinand, so difficult to rate anyone above 5!
Hope the remaining games are not all like this!

The first home game i have missed this season as i decided to take the mrs away for the weekend.

Couldnt even give my season card away!

Was shopping in Norwich on the saturday and apart from the sea of yellow around the town prior to kick off what struck me most was the sheer support in all the shops pubs and eateries for the home town club.

Made me sad that not only was i not that bothered to be away and missing a game , but that other clubs have such a superb team to support and make the town proud and we just have a shell run by some muggy property developer who hasnt got a pot to **** in.

To be fair I think if we were second in the Chmpionship the town would be a sea of blue and there would be a lot more enthusiasm for the club regardless of who was running it.

PLUS - Norwich is a city with no football competition for miles. We have London 35 miles away. Not really a fair comparison.

Game not for the neutral, although second half either side could have nicked it which kept my interest. Felt Aldershot would have been more hard done by if we had got the three points. As it is a point was no good to either side.

Morris 7 - MOTM, best player on our team, assured and confident, great save in the first half from Spencer when we normally concede.
Clohessy 6 - Got forward more in the second half when we were better.
Coughlan 6.5 - Pretty solid, probably played more games than expected this season.
Mohsni 6.5 - Presence normally inspires team alone, not great but nice to see back.
Barker 6 - Seemed a bit rusty at left back but used experience to keep speedy winger at bay.
Woodyard 5.5 - Game passed him by a bit, some nice ball skills at times to gain space.
Ferdinand 6.5 - Looked up for it and got forward more in second half.
Grant 6 - Steady but not as influential as early in season, game was their for him to take by scruff of neck.
Hall 6.5 - Looked lively but some passes when in good positions went astray.
Crawford 5.5 - Ineffective until went off injured.
Corr 6 - Got in good positions but finishing not their today.

Sturrock 5.5 - Clearly off the pace due to illness, tried his best as always and linked play better when on.

Some very varying marks on Alex Woodyard.. Few comments saying he did well, alot of comments saying he was 'invisible' and struggled.

I personally thought he struggled and is no more than a water carrier. Great workrate but offers little quality. Really glad to see youngsters getting a chance but feel Woodyard is too similar to Ferdinand who is a guaranteed starter every week.

It was the sort of game you'd expect between two teams whose season is over, despite the "not giving up while it's mathematically possible" tripe. So we should disregard the "paying more next season for this sort of rubbish" stuff. This is what you get everywhere when the season is effectively dead.

Positives: Morris was determined to keep a clean sheet and has confirmed why he's wearing the No 1 shirt. Moshni got through the game without a red card, looked rusty and leggy first half but got better second half. Hopefully will be better next game after this 90 mins.

Negatives: Clohessy again looked nervy defensively, Grant went through the motions again and we still look better with Blair alongside Corr despite no real goal threat.

As for the "bouncy ball" pitch being the reason we couldn't string two passes together, I think the freshly sprinkled pitch caused us more problems. Every time we use the sprinklers we're the team that fall over the most. I wonder how much Ron paid to have them installed and whether we have to use them "because they're there." See, he can be blamed for everything not just off but on the pitch!

Back