• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Please post your Match Reports and Ratings on todays thrilling encounter here.

Southend United 0-0 Aldershot Town

Please post your reports and ratings from today's thriller here.

I've spent annual summer holidays that seemed to pass quicker than todays first half.

Second half was a bit better but the pitch made things difficult.

Morris MOM - 7

Barker, Coughlan and Ferdinand 6

Mohsni 5.5

Everyone else 5

First (and only game) since Christmas, didn't impress much I have to say. Rating's go something like this:

Morris - 7
Clohessy - 6
Coughlan - 6.5
Mohsni - 5.5
Barker - 7
Hall - 6.5
Grant - 6.5
Woodyard - 6
Ferdinand - 6.5
Corr - 6.5
Crawford - 6

subs:
Sturrock - 6

Well that was painful to watch today. I entered the ground at 2.45pm quite alert - within 50 mins I was lethagic and tired and an effort to get excited about anything.
The only thing that really caught my eye today was the statement in the programme regarding next seasons ticket price increase - about half way down there is a statement justifying the increase by saying

"Hopefully fans will have seen an improvement in quality of football in the second half of the season and we can increase the numbers if season card holders for next season as a result"

Errrrrrr nooooo I dont think so

Crawford's injury was right infront of me. Horrible crack, Guttridge knew straight away there was some serious damage although no fault of his own.

Awh man such a boring game. Noone played up to their standards, but I'm not gonna moan all day.
Glad Morris got a clean sheet, played quality made some good saves.
No-one stood out for me but Kane was the only one looking to go up and looking for passes. Woodyard looked pretty good at times.

Morris; 7 and very solid, with good reflexs and starts good moves with an excellent throw out.

Clohessy; 6 played well, but is clearly running on empty

Barker; 7 Solid and still too good for this level,

Coughlan; 6.5 Solid, and used to be too good for this level,

Moshi; 6 Okay, first game back and we were wondering if he would last the 90 minutes. he gave Aldershot there best chance by deflecting a header that morris did brilliantly well to push onto the post and catch the rebound.

Grant; 6 Another that is running on empty, mentally looks tired as well.

Ferdinand; 7 better than Grant and is a great prospect

Woodyard; 6 thought he found it tough, especially in the first 45 minutes, but found his feet and finished strongly

Hall; 7 Our most dangerous threat for making something happen

Crawford; 5 unluckly to be hurt, but was not making much impact

Corr; 6, should be 7, but missed chances that on another day he would have taken.

Sturrock; sub; 6 okay, but what happens to him in the penalty area, complete panic seems to set in..........

Total yawnfest and Corr didn't have his shooting boots on as he had a decent couple of chances he should of buried.

Still not seen Woodyard play well and have seen him nearly 10 times now...

Back