• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For me...Dru was running the show until injured...Mantom equally excelling...wish Elvis would ping the ball straight in rather than hang on, one cross was spot on, the rest "just a bit fancy".

Ref was out of his depth...totally

Just a final thought - who'd have thought when Coker and Turner went off injured in the first half against Oxford, that the goal we conceded in first half injury time would be the last we would let in this season?

Our makeshift defence made up of 4 players who, other than Demetriou, have mainly played not in their first choice position have done a great job.

Well done Demi, JW, Kyps and Elvis!

Another nice touch from Oxley at the end. Some young lad had a sign saying Ox was his hero and asking for an autograph which he did. At the end of the game he found him in the crowd and gave him his gloves. A small act from Oxley but a big deal for a young lad and the kind of thing that secures him as a shrimper for life.

Just a final thought - who'd have thought when Coker and Turner went off injured in the first half against Oxford, that the goal we conceded in first half injury time would be the last we would let in this season?

Our makeshift defence made up of 4 players who, other than Demetriou, have mainly played not in their first choice position have done a great job.

Well done Demi, JW, Kyps and Elvis!

I think White is probably more of a centre half now than a fullback and I'm pretty sure Kyprianou is actually a centre half who has been played elsewhere

Dru - grown significantly into the very large Lenny-shaped void in the last few months. Another very hot young prospect. I suspect other clubs are sniffing around to see if he can be enticed away. I sincerely hope not!

He's certainly played well but he's a very different player to Lenny. I wouldn't say he's grown into the Lenny shaped-void because he's playing such a different central midfield role. He needs a Lenny type player alongside him. It's such a pity that those two were never allowed to build a partnership as Lenny had been sold before Powell was appointed to rescue us.

Of the remaining midfield I think Dru plays better alongside Timlin as with Mantom they end up duplicating roles to an extent when Mantom takes up positions and plays the passes Dru would. Both Mantom and Dru are good players so that sort of still works - and with time I'd expect that to improve - but I'd be disappointed if Timlin wasn't retained as I think he can play a big part next season, even if he's not a first choice starter. Is he injured or was his absence a clue as to his future being elsewhere?

The key moment in the game wasn't the sending off but Dru's injury. He was the player who had the ability to open Rovers up. We saw Cox take over this role second half and whilst Cox is highly experienced (albeit not in this position), an international and his passes were accurate to Blue shirts they weren't incisive. Dru has that ability to take defenders out of the game with a well crafted pass or piece of skill on the ball. It was Dru's pass that picked out Cox to hit the bar and we created more with him for 38 minutes against 11 than we did against 10 men for the whole second half. Ironically, given the news of his departure emerging, this turned out to be a game where we probably missed Wordsworth - although as this is something we haven't said for some time that news was hardly surprising.

Second half we seemed to run out of steam - with 20 minutes to go we realised we lacked the creativity to open them up or the set piece height to threaten them and if anything they looked the more likely team to grab a winner. I'd have liked to have seen Harrison on a bit earlier - he drifts into space - but above all I'd have liked us to have given the ball to McLaughlin more. He's had his best season of his career. Kightly may be the big name but McLaughlin has been our best winger this year. His touch always creates space for himself and if we get someone who can get on the end of his crosses I could see him having a career year next year - but maybe that downplays the season he's just had.

I'm told Tims had had an operation on a toe a few days before, he was in the post match pitch walk and looking most unlike his usual self, but I guess, if you've just had an operation on a toe and you're walking on it, it might be quite painful.

I'm told Tims had had an operation on a toe a few days before, he was in the post match pitch walk and looking most unlike his usual self, but I guess, if you've just had an operation on a toe and you're walking on it, it might be quite painful.

They (medical people) do like to get you up and moving as soon as possible it seems.

Still, good timing in that it has given Tims the maximum time to get him self back to fitness by the time of the return for pre-season training.

Back