• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Too simple.

Take out Freddy today and put in Britt and we still wouldnt have done any better. He would be asked to do all the donkey work that Freddy couldnt do. The midfield would then never be in a good enough position to play that ball you want.

Britt showed when he played with Tomlin he could rip teams up, he wouldn't do it in this system.

Having a pacy player in the side would be great but he needs someone up there (same as both Britt and Tomlin needed each other).

The midfield and full backs have got to do more than they did today, they did very little in the last 3rd.

Certainly seems that way, he put out a team I was happy with but it didnt work, it got better when Corr came on but he wrecked that.

I think if we went 4-4-2 with a pacy striker and a.n.other and played more conventional football, we may get somewhere

Ron probably considers, quite rightly, that this season is dead and buried...........would he sanction bringing any players in? He's surely far more interested in the advancement of his three-sided toy now. Play-offs, or work on FF starting in May.................. which would you put your money on????

Ron has sanctioned plenty of players recently.

Sorry John, the question mark threw me. Yes it's pretty much the managers fault though, mainly his players and he should be motivating them. Something isn't right here

League 2 players seeing/hearing their gaffer talk a good game on TV/radio cannot motivate them that much.

Ron probably considers, quite rightly, that this season is dead and buried...........would he sanction bringing any players in? He's surely far more interested in the advancement of his three-sided toy now. Play-offs, or work on FF starting in May.................. which would you put your money on????

Play offs lol

Brown was brought in to get promotion, how many seasons can we give Brown?

I think if we went 4-4-2 with a pacy striker and a.n.other and played more conventional football, we may get somewhere

I think we two strikers, especially now Corr is going to miss 3.

4-5-1 has worked well for us, but I made a point earlier in the week people miss what Corr does, ie the leading the line bit winning the ball and holding it up. Without him in the side Im not sure 4-5-1 is going to work, Freddy showed that today and dont see Barnard doing any better.

A "pacy striker" is a nice idea but they do need to be good as well. Im more interested in how we start playing in a more fluent attacking way where we are putting balls in the box and having players there to receive it, whether they are pacy or not.

Today before Corr lost the plot he came back for a corner, he then won the ball in the south east corner and played it to White who cleared, then people were screaming why Corr isnt in the box. Well its because he is asked to defend and there is no one else one the pitch.

Plymouth have their game In hand on Tuesday. A toughie with Chesterfield. If Plymouth win we will fall out of the play-off's by two points. Plymouth at home as well. Can't see them losing two on the bounce at home.

Plymouth have their game In hand on Tuesday. A toughie with Chesterfield. If Plymouth win we will fall out of the play-off's by two points. Plymouth at home as well. Can't see them losing two on the bounce at home.

Dont even think it matters what other teams do, we cant win a game or even look like we can play well enough to.

Until we sort out our performances we will drop out eventually even if Plymouth lose every game remaining.

I think we two strikers, especially now Corr is going to miss 3.

4-5-1 has worked well for us, but I made a point earlier in the week people miss what Corr does, ie the leading the line bit winning the ball and holding it up. Without him in the side Im not sure 4-5-1 is going to work, Freddy showed that today and dont see Barnard doing any better.

A "pacy striker" is a nice idea but they do need to be good as well. Im more interested in how we start playing in a more fluent attacking way where we are putting balls in the box and having players there to receive it, whether they are pacy or not.

Today before Corr lost the plot he came back for a corner, he then won the ball in the south east corner and played it to White who cleared, then people were screaming why Corr isnt in the box. Well its because he is asked to defend and there is no one else one the pitch.

I agree, Corr does work hard and make 4-5-1. Trouble is, he has to come deep etc to win and get the ball then there's nobody in the middle. All irrelevant now as he got himself sent off and as you say, no point playing 4-5-1 without him

I agree, Corr does work hard and make 4-5-1. Trouble is, he has to come deep etc to win and get the ball then there's nobody in the middle. All irrelevant now as he got himself sent off and as you say, no point playing 4-5-1 without him

Indeed, and thats one reason he doesnt score many, which is fine if the team is playing well and the midfield is getting forward, but that just isnt happening is it.

Brown has to change the system to accommodate two strikers now surely :

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 31m
Brown:" Today we saw that Barry is the only striker we have who can play the nine role. We will look at bringing someone in."

Well that was dire. Could not see the Corr incident as the sun shone across into my eyes. This pathetic lack of attacking threat is really costing us. Centre back pairing and coker the only highlight.

Mediocre at best. It would not have mattered which system we played today, we didnt look like creating anything of note. The players are performing as if they have accepted their fate and dont possess the physical or mental ability to rise above it, thats not to say they arent trying but you cant polish a **** Im afraid. I'm sure PB knows this but keeps putting on the positive spin in the hope it lifts the team. Still, we live in hope and turds like cream, can float to the top.

Why the hell...

Did Brown take off Eastwood just when he was about to take that free kick??? And then who decided that Corr would take it with his first kick?? When was the last time Corr scored direct from a free kick??? It really is unbelievable! I am losing faith with the competence of our management!

Did Brown take off Eastwood just when he was about to take that free kick??? And then who decided that Corr would take it with his first kick?? When was the last time Corr scored direct from a free kick??? It really is unbelievable! I am losing faith with the competence of our management!

Because he was totally ineffective for the whole game?

Freddy couldnt hit the target from 8 yards, I wouldnt have bet on him scoring from the free kick.

I was watching Corr as I could see he was having a rant with their player. Corr stuck his head into the player Pardew fashion although the guy went down as if he had run into a bus. I'm sure Correct could have done him properly if he wanted to but he has no excuses and gave the Lino the chance to tell the ref what he had seen and therefore can have no excuses for being sent off. Now with his ban for violent conduct our ever fading hopes of the play offs have surely evaporated because we now only have Freddie and Barny who can't score between them. Brown clearly has lost the plot and is surely a dead man walking.

Freddy scored 4 goals in 4 games earlier on in the season playing with Barry Corr, that isn't a coincidence. Freddy had his moments today, but most of the time he struggled to do anything, especially as most of what we played into him sailed over his head. I lost count of how many aimless hoofs up the pitch we made today, it was incredibly frustrating to watch them clearly short of any idea. Corr looked good when he came on but held the ball up, won the ball and did the donkey work for no good reason, as he was still just as isolated. It's like we wanna just walk the ball in the net all the time.

Sokolik was decent, Egan was decent and Coker had a fair game. White on the other hand apparently wanted to just launch every ball forward, why? Midfield 3 were pretty useless (ball sailed over their heads too most of the time) and Eastwood was ineffective. I was crying out all game to see us bring Corr on with Eastwood and go 4-4-2 and Freddy was noticeably p****d off when he was subbed.

Don't know what the answer is but we're clueless at the moment. We could've played till 9 o'clock this evening and still not scored, despite Bury putting a clearly nervous and bit dodgy 19 year old in goal that we never actually tested. Special mention also for David Flitcroft who acted like a complete tool all afternoon and spent more time arguing with and gesturing to the Southend fans than he did watching the game. Absolute helmet.

Real lack of creativity since the turn of the year, Hurst looks completely worn out and desperately needs some help from the opposite wing, big fan of his but we rely on him way too much. Being 13 when we first went up with Tilly, Freddy is and will always be my favourite Southend player (what he did against teams like Swansea and United was brilliant) but seeing what he has become due to injuries makes me wonder if he will get a contract anywhere next season. Sad but he seems to be a player that needs a manager constantly singing his praises to believe he has what it takes. Tilson was a big fan and the best I've seen him since then was when Brown was bigging him up at the beginning of the season. Can't see him producing much from now until may but hope I am wrong. Don't understand what has happened to Barnard, he looks completely off the pace and unrecognizable from the player that left to join Southampton. Surely there is a young pacey winger from a championship club that we can get on loan to atleist create some chances for these guys. Unfortunately Fred and Lee can't go and win a match all by themselves like they used to be able to.

Indeed, and thats one reason he doesnt score many, which is fine if the team is playing well and the midfield is getting forward, but that just isnt happening is it.

Brown has to change the system to accommodate two strikers now surely :

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 31m
Brown:" Today we saw that Barry is the only striker we have who can play the nine role. We will look at bringing someone in."

Marvellous, we can look forward to another paceless Jack Sampson-esque lump who will be just as isolated up front as Barry has been for the past god knows how many games :facepalm:

Back