• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the team's pants - brown's management's pants - i have a revolver with one bullet, who shall I aim it at (the thought of league 2 again next season temps me :sad:) - oh hang on Ron's says he knows where to aim :winking:

Did Brown take off Eastwood just when he was about to take that free kick??? And then who decided that Corr would take it with his first kick?? When was the last time Corr scored direct from a free kick??? It really is unbelievable! I am losing faith with the competence of our management!

Versus west ham pre season, which is about 7 years sooner than Fred's last free kick scored!

I disagree. I half-dissed a posting from 'Quitter' ? last week when he suggested that all was not good in the camp. Today I thought he may have something. I have managed teams in the past (all be it v low level) but you know from the outset (in the dressing room, during the warm up etc) if your team are on the button. Today it was immediately apparent that we were not. Half of this simple game is played off the ball, and that is where we basically did not perfom, no give and go's, no chugging runs in support, everyone (bar the Czech) on their heels, and most seemingly in 'unpaid mode' (to coin a phrase). Bury were weretched, but if you do not match teams like this off the ball ye dinna win.

Thats more to do with confidence and belief.

There was no lack of effort.

No, sorry - I have been supporting since 1966 and this is an all time low, in my mind. It takes a lot for me to decide not to go - but today, it seemed an easy choice.

All time low?? Have you forgotten how woeful some of our sides have been? Wignall, Newman, Little, Martin? Ok we aren't in good form but an all time low, no where near it for me

Hello Shrimpers
Bury fan here wanting to put my twopennerth in. Interesting that we are always "a Pub Team" or "wretched" as one of your posters would have it, and don't deserve to be on the same park as "Massive" teams such as yourselves, long may it continue with teams believing they just have to turn up and we'll roll over for them. For your information Flitcroft is putting together an excellent squad which should be there or there abouts next season. Our present position owes much to the previous two deadbeats who took us to the brink before he came in and steadied the ship. Yesterday was always going to be a hard slog as we were without four key players who give us that extra spark. Our two leading scorers were out with injuries as were our two most creative midfielders, also the bizarre substitution of our keeper whose replacement with a young rookie making his league debut has yet to be adequately explained, fortunately it didn't cost us the match. I notice another thread where you bemoan the lack of a striker, well good luck with that one as most teams in this league are on the look out too. Our signing of Daniel Nardiello, who scores for fun at this level, is looking inspired and should pay dividends next season. Unfortunately for us, as he can conjure a goal from nothing, he picked up a thigh strain which hopefully wont see him out for long. Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season.

Bentley 6 - didn't have anything to do
White 5 - he may wear the armband but it's becoming increasingly clear that Prosser is the de facto captain of this team
Coker 6 - ok
Egan 6 - not really tested
Skolik (sp?) 7 - pick of a very poor lot
Leonard 6 - a few bursts but needed to see much more of the ball
Laird 6 - at least wanted the ball
Clifford 4 - looked so lost out there it was like playing with 9 men. Unsurprisingly hauled off before the hour mark
Hurst 5 - it would be fair to say that was not one of his good days
Straker 6 - at least stretched them
Eastwood 4 - oh dear. At least people might realise now what crumbs Corr has been feeding off all season.

Corr 6 - didn't see the incident for the sending off but offered more than Eastwood and we were no worse after his red than we were first half
Atkinson 5 - utterly bizarre choice of sub when we had Timlin or even Payne. Were we really playing for the draw?
Barnard 5 - erm

Hello Shrimpers
Bury fan here wanting to put my twopennerth in. Interesting that we are always "a Pub Team" or "wretched" as one of your posters would have it, and don't deserve to be on the same park as "Massive" teams such as yourselves, long may it continue with teams believing they just have to turn up and we'll roll over for them. For your information Flitcroft is putting together an excellent squad which should be there or there abouts next season. Our present position owes much to the previous two deadbeats who took us to the brink before he came in and steadied the ship. Yesterday was always going to be a hard slog as we were without four key players who give us that extra spark. Our two leading scorers were out with injuries as were our two most creative midfielders, also the bizarre substitution of our keeper whose replacement with a young rookie making his league debut has yet to be adequately explained, fortunately it didn't cost us the match. I notice another thread where you bemoan the lack of a striker, well good luck with that one as most teams in this league are on the look out too. Our signing of Daniel Nardiello, who scores for fun at this level, is looking inspired and should pay dividends next season. Unfortunately for us, as he can conjure a goal from nothing, he picked up a thigh strain which hopefully wont see him out for long. Anyway best of luck for the rest of the season.

Effectively you are agreeing with us. You have stated you have key players missing, you didn't have a shot on target and we still didn't get close to beating you with our first team bar one player and the loaner replacing him was our mom anyway. That's why we are so upset

Hello Bury fan, it was me who called your boys 'wretched'. In the first half an hour your excitable three-man possee in the technical area (three?) were ecstatic when your keeper manged to kick the ball to just inside the touchline, it seemed to me to be the most important/only tactic. That apart there were quite a few cheap/late shots, and the right back (the one involved in the sending off) was possibly the worst professional player I've seen for many years. Believe you me we know our limitations, we are Southend fans for heavens sake, and certainly do not suffer from delusions of grandeur. You were wretched, we were turgid, have a nice evening....

I am sorry but it was utterly brainless.

It is obvious that Freddy needs the ball to FEET. But no first 30 mins lumping up high balls. Dan Bentley- roll it out to the defenders, play thru the middle, keep on the deck- NO- hold on we have Freddy up their today I know I will lump every goal kick straight down the middle. You could not make it up- complete brain failure. No I can't believe for one second PB said before the game 'look guys we have Freddy up front on his own today so route one please'.

People complaining Freddy didn't come running over to the touchline to receive throw ins! I want the centre forward in the box! As for us not having a number 9- rubbish both Barney and Freddy have played no 9 at way higher level than this. What we don't have is a second 6'4" lump who can jump high enough to get the ball!

It should now be simple. 442- that's what we have resources for. As for getting someone in- well we might be lucky, there might be a quality 6'4" experienced goalscoring number 9 out there that somehow we can get- more likely a Woodrow, good enough to start in the premiership but not good enough to make our 451 work.

Bentley 0 - nothing to do and 0 due to goal kicks straight down the middle to Freddy as if he thought Corr was playing
White 6 - did ok, some good defending
Coker 6.5 - did well defensive and the extra .5 for getting forward well at times
Egan 6 - effective
Skolik 8 - sign him. Cut above.
Leonard 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Laird 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Clifford 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Hurst 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Straker 4.5 - extra half point for trying stuff
Eastwood 6 - Extra 2 points for putting up with team mates who were playing immediately after a full frontal labotomy

Corr 4.5 - could jump high enough to get the ball so better for the few moments before getting sent off.
Atkinson 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Barnard 6 - Same as Freddy good player who could not jump high enough to get the ball and totally isolated. Play him and Freddy together and only pick players once the have signed in bllod a document saying they understand neither of them are 7' tall and like the round thing, designed to roll on the grass, to FEET

Good point: The defence looked very solid and the new guy should be signed now as he is out of contract at the end of the season- despite being 20 he reads the game well, is strong, seems to do something called passing (on the ground), and is comfortable receiving the ball and bring it forward.

I am sorry but it was utterly brainless.

It is obvious that Freddy needs the ball to FEET. But no first 30 mins lumping up high balls. Dan Bentley- roll it out to the defenders, play thru the middle, keep on the deck- NO- hold on we have Freddy up their today I know I will lump every goal kick straight down the middle. You could not make it up- complete brain failure. No I can't believe for one second PB said before the game 'look guys we have Freddy up front on his own today so route one please'.

People complaining Freddy didn't come running over to the touchline to receive throw ins! I want the centre forward in the box! As for us not having a number 9- rubbish both Barney and Freddy have played no 9 at way higher level than this. What we don't have is a second 6'4" lump who can jump high enough to get the ball!

It should now be simple. 442- that's what we have resources for. As for getting someone in- well we might be lucky, there might be a quality 6'4" experienced goalscoring number 9 out there that somehow we can get- more likely a Woodrow, good enough to start in the premiership but not good enough to make our 451 work.

Bentley 0 - nothing to do and 0 due to goal kicks straight down the middle to Freddy as if he thought Corr was playing
White 6 - did ok, some good defending
Coker 6.5 - did well defensive and the extra .5 for getting forward well at times
Egan 6 - effective
Skolik 8 - sign him. Cut above.
Leonard 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Laird 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Clifford 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Hurst 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Straker 4.5 - extra half point for trying stuff
Eastwood 6 - Extra 2 points for putting up with team mates who were playing immediately after a full frontal labotomy

Corr 4.5 - could jump high enough to get the ball so better for the few moments before getting sent off.
Atkinson 4 - part of midfield that failed to support the front man or get the ball down and play to feet
Barnard 6 - Same as Freddy good player who could not jump high enough to get the ball and totally isolated. Play him and Freddy together and only pick players once the have signed in bllod a document saying they understand neither of them are 7' tall and like the round thing, designed to roll on the grass, to FEET

Good point: The defence looked very solid and the new guy should be signed now as he is out of contract at the end of the season- despite being 20 he reads the game well, is strong, seems to do something called passing (on the ground), and is comfortable receiving the ball and bring it forward.

Haha, made me laugh! Absolutely right too, Bentley did hoof upfield almost every time he had the ball.

Totally devoid of any creativity!! First touch is so poor it puts them under pressure as soon as they receive the ball. Why is our only thought to get the ball wide for hurst, white, Coker to put in an aimless cross!! Why is Straker still a regular he is so completely clueless with what to do when he receives the ball - he makes me look a good player and I'm nearly 50!!! Brown talks every week about changing it about a bit and plays the same dross each week. Stop playing one up front and 2 wingers start with some one who is prepared to run at the defense and play the ball into feet of Fred AND barnie. Egan and the Czech guy looked a different class though.

Totally devoid of any creativity!! First touch is so poor it puts them under pressure as soon as they receive the ball. Why is our only thought to get the ball wide for hurst, white, Coker to put in an aimless cross!! Why is Straker still a regular he is so completely clueless with what to do when he receives the ball - he makes me look a good player and I'm nearly 50!!! Brown talks every week about changing it about a bit and plays the same dross each week. Stop playing one up front and 2 wingers start with some one who is prepared to run at the defense and play the ball into feet of Fred AND barnie. Egan and the Czech guy looked a different class though.

To be fair he created our only two real chances on the day.

Back