• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Please post all ratings and reports here.

Another blank drawn with Corr failing to punch us to victory.

Think we desperately need to get in some sort of goal scoring threat on loan. Or at least someone with pace to get in behind defenders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Couldn't make the game today. Doesn't sound like I missed much. What did Corr do to get sent off ? (this time !)

Think we desperately need to get in some sort of goal scoring threat on loan. Or at least someone with pace to get in behind defenders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We need to get the ball to whoever is up front first.

Totally inept peformance, no penetration against a very poor Bury side, rarely got the ball anywhere near where anyone could do anything with it.

Someone said after Scunthorpe that Freddy proved everyone wrong who said he couldnt play the lone striker, well Im afraid that despite wanting him to be given a chance he proved them right, and thats not a criticism of him. We rarely got the ball to him in a manner he could do anything with it, I dont think he won a single header and barely got the ball to his feet. The one time he did get it in the box sadly could have done better.

There were times when he was around the edge of the area when we had a throw in around the half way line and the players were screaming at him to come short to get it as they didnt have options, so he then has to come deep, some 40 yards from goal to get a throw in and lay it off. How does that help? Why isnt one of the 5 midfielders doing that?

Corr actually did more in his cameo to win the ball in the air and link up play than Freddy did, yet then killed what slim chances we had by getting sent off. Still that will please a lot of people but it does mean Brown has to change not just the personnel but the way we use them, we cant use any of our strikers in this formation, they are expected to cover a 3rd of the pitch and win hopelessly played balls, and if they do somehow do that they rarely have any support.

As always people will blame the strikers but the problem is far deeper than that, until we start getting the ball forward into dangerous areas and play strikers in roles that allow them to get in the box we are not going to turn this around.

On a positive note the two lads in defence did well, but they were hardly challenged by Bury.

No, sorry - I have been supporting since 1966 and this is an all time low, in my mind. It takes a lot for me to decide not to go - but today, it seemed an easy choice.

Well, we/you all got the changes you wanted. And we're still rubbish.

Changing the odd player isnt going to fix it, its all about confidence and belief and how we are getting the ball foward. Having an isolated forward we boot the ball at doesnt help. Even if we played Williams or someone with pace they would not have been able to use it, unless we want to start hoofing it again.

No, sorry - I have been supporting since 1966 and this is an all time low, in my mind. It takes a lot for me to decide not to go - but today, it seemed an easy choice.

Hmmn, all time low ? Despite a rubbish run we are still 7th. Getting relegated from League One with court room apearances with winding up worries was surely a bit more low than this :smile:

We defo need a striker in on loan now. A striker with pace who can play off the last man, spin and go.

Sokolik looks solid and fitted in well with Egan. Coker and White solid too. Bentley made a couple of good stops, one in the first half then managed to get his hand on the ball to clear in the second half. Much more commanding today.

Straker ran and had a good first half then faded. Midfield have run out of ideas. Eastwood...Meh

We defo need a striker in on loan now. A striker with pace who can play off the last man, spin and go.

Sokolik looks solid and fitted in well with Egan. Coker and White solid too. Bentley made a couple of good stops, one in the first half then managed to get his hand on the ball to clear in the second half. Much more commanding today.

Straker ran and had a good first half then faded. Midfield have run out of ideas. Eastwood...Meh

So all the problems are down to the manager then? He is there to tell or train the team how to play to his wishes.

Sounds to me like boot it and hope the quick lad can score.

Midfield definitely isn't creating anything and just hoping someone fast will be able to do anything is really scraping the desperation barrel. Would love someone quick up front, but we need to play better as a team throughout the side first.

Sounds to me like boot it and hope the quick lad can score.

Midfield definitely isn't creating anything and just hoping someone fast will be able to do anything is really scraping the desperation barrel. Would love someone quick up front, but we need to play better as a team throughout the side first.

No not at all. We need an Assombalonga or a Tomlin and someone that can actually pick a pass into space that someone with pace can run onto. Bury did it today on more than one occasion and we could too if we had any idea.

So all the problems are down to the manager then? He is there to tell or train the team how to play to his wishes.

Got to admit Phil is now running on empty and has little idea how to turn it around,True we are still in the mix but for how long.

Blimey. Did you miss the days of Warren May. Frank Lampard, John Gymer, Steve vHatter, John Seaden, Jon O'Brien et all?

Poor run? Yes. All time low? Nowhere near IMO.

No not at all. We need an Assombalonga or a Tomlin and someone that can actually pick a pass into space that someone with pace can run onto. Bury did it today on more than one occasion and we could too if we had any idea.

Too simple.

Take out Freddy today and put in Britt and we still wouldnt have done any better. He would be asked to do all the donkey work that Freddy couldnt do. The midfield would then never be in a good enough position to play that ball you want.

Britt showed when he played with Tomlin he could rip teams up, he wouldn't do it in this system.

Having a pacy player in the side would be great but he needs someone up there (same as both Britt and Tomlin needed each other).

The midfield and full backs have got to do more than they did today, they did very little in the last 3rd.

Got to admit Phil is now running on empty and has little idea how to turn it around,True we are still in the mix but for how long.

Certainly seems that way, he put out a team I was happy with selection wise but it didnt work because he asked Freddy to do the things Corr does, and he isnt that player, it got a bit better when Corr came on but he wrecked that.

Ron probably considers, quite rightly, that this season is dead and buried...........would he sanction bringing any players in? He's surely far more interested in the advancement of his three-sided toy now. Play-offs, or work on FF starting in May.................. which would you put your money on????

Back