• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Crawley Town

Pretty much what I expected. Didn't expect to see much change given Brown only had one training session with them and the prep and analysis for Crawley had already been done.

A couple of little positive signs to me that some people have missed, e.g. committing a few more men forwards, keeping somebody up on the halfway line when defending a corner, moving the ball a bit quicker, much more positive substitutions, etc. Few more what I would call 'clear cut' chances too, one of which we'll bury sooner or later.

Ultimately the issue remains, that the squad is just utterly dire, especially in an attacking sense. Confidence and urgency remains an issue too, way too many times certain players are waiting too long to get a pass or shot off - just put your ****ing laces through it! But I feel confident that Brown will squeeze a bit more out of it than Molesley would have done. We're still just about in the game, but that was a huge missed opportunity today. Hopefully a week on the training ground with a new manager will start to turn things around a little.

Oxley 7
Elvis 6
Hobson 7
Cordner 6
Clifford 6
RHF 5
JD 6
Ferguson 5
Holmes 6
Dieng 6
Halford 6

Subs:
Goodship 5, Acquah 6, Egbri 6, Olayinka 5

Last edited:
Post your ratings here - https://www.shrimperzone.com/zoneratings/ratings.php?fixture=112

One shot on target the entire game. Even if Col U lose all their remaining games, I can't see us staying up.
If Col U lose all their remaining games, that means we’ve won at least one, and if Col U lose all their remaining games, you’d perhaps expect the goal difference swing to be quite heavily in our favour?
So then you’re not backing us to get 1/2 points when we have drawn 7 of our last 11?

Oxley 8 MOTM
Bwomono 6
Hobson 6
Cordner 6
Clifford 6
Holmes 7
Demetriou 6
Ferguson 6
RHF 5
Dieng 6
Halford 6

Goodship 5
Acquah 5
Egbri 6
Olayinka 5

Lots of huff and puff, more attacking intent meant less defensive stability. Same old problem no one can find the net, no one gets a shot off quick enough. Had to thank the Ox for earning us a point really, which is not enough to stay up. UTB

If Col U lose all their remaining games, that means we’ve won at least one, and if Col U lose all their remaining games, you’d perhaps expect the goal difference swing to be quite heavily in our favour?
So then you’re not backing us to get 1/2 points when we have drawn 7 of our last 11?

This guy

Less possession, less shots on target, less corners, more fouls.

Just maybe it was not the manager after all

Another abject performance from the blues. A desperate game with Colchester coming up

Oxley 8
Elvis 8
Hobson 8
Cordner 7
Clifford 8
Demi 7
RHF 3
Fergy 6
Holmes 7
Dieng 7
Halford 7

Subs 6 except Goodship 5

Tactics - Direct so same as Morecambe away
Effort - A bit livelier and better closing down
Set Pieces - Very poor which is better than normal

You get a new manager bounce when the team have stopped playing for the previous manager and an uplift in effort gives you an uptick in results. The players hadn't stopped playing for MM. It'll take more than a day or two to sort this out.

We attacked more. We tried hard. We got a couple more balls in the box. We didn’t play awful. BUT .... did we score? Did we ****. I’m a little disappointed the PB factor didn’t bring instant results, I was naive to expect it might (just pure hope!).

We now have 5 games and we need to be targeting 5 wins as Colchester won’t lose 5. The game against them might seal our fate and well, it would sum up this season wouldn’t it. Bet once we’re officially relegated we win 4-0.

Felt we played with more intensity and moved the ball quicker. Same old we couldn’t put the ball in back of net, but we can only hope. Hobson & Holmes mom for me.

Being incredibly optimistic we bettered col u’s and grimby’s results. Better them each week and beat Colchester Tuesday week that maybe enough ?

More of a lack of confidence than anything.

Col U would have to lose every game by 2 goals for the goal difference to swing in our favour.

2 points from Exeter, Orient, Barrow and Newport. Possible, but I can't see us winning any of those games.

Same old scoreline...... I thought we had more of a go compared to most home games iv seen. We definitely were committing more bodies forward! Ferguson was unlucky with shot which struck the post. Crawley had their chances and if it wasn't for great save from oxley, we probably would of lost.

If I was brown I would drop halford and reeco. They don't offer much at all.

I can't really judge brown on that first game as he only just arrived. His got all next week to implement his ideas and find that winning formula.

Positives were Hobson, Clifford, Holmes and Demi some of the time, not forgetting a terrific stop from Ox in the second half.
Never want to see RHF in a blue shirt again - but I'm not going to get my wish.
Ferguson may have hit the frame; but he did damn all else, and probably the laziest player on the pitch.
The subs? Olayinka skied two over, and that was that.
Hope Dieng's ham is not as bad as we think it is.

Oxley 6
Bwomono 5
Hobson 6
Cordner 5
Clifford 5
Holmes 5
Demetriou 4
Ferguson 4
RHF 4
Dieng 5
Halford 4

Goodship 4