• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Crawley Town

Not the thread, not the time...................but. Just speaking to a friend who is, like myself frustrated and annoyed at our state of affairs. He mentioned going to play golf at Garon's yesterday and who should pass him by but Neil (out of a job) Harris. What about him as a possible candidate for manager next year? However, would he consider dropping to National League level and would he want to work with Ron???

Awful game... no quality what so ever.... loan players should be sent packing now as they haven't done a lot... we are on the edge and losing our grip...the drop is coming...we all have an opinion and there are a lot of dreamers on here and we all wish we had a half decent team... we haven't..we are 2nd from bottom and rubbish...WE ARE 2ND FROM BOTTOM.....after supporting the blues since mid 70's i think i can say its the worst team in my time supporting...Tan man is a joke!

Our attacking options are pretty rubbish, aren’t they?
I think Acquah and Rush might be worth a shot as a 2 up there, they know each other well and might have chemistry? Goodship is too busy trying to hide in the East Stand. Dieng tries his best in the support role, but isn’t a striker. Halfords legs have gone though I see why he’s used (in desperation)..
Virtually any striker with legs that move would have profited from Crawley's defensive howler in the first-half. I don't blame Halford...............just the person who has led to him being thought of as the most viable option up front.

Not the thread, not the time...................but. Just speaking to a friend who is, like myself frustrated and annoyed at our state of affairs. He mentioned going to play golf at Garon's yesterday and who should pass him by but Neil (out of a job) Harris. What about him as a possible candidate for manager next year? However, would he consider dropping to National League level and would he want to work with Ron???

Local guy, lives in Rayleigh ( i think? ), but National league very different from EFL. IF the inevitable happens, imo we'd need someone whose experienced that division, & has contacts at that level?.

Think he is also the most composed on the ball and possibly the best passer as well.
I agree he’s got a good cross field pass in him, but his link up play is non existent. I can’t remember the last time he thread a ball through. His calm and competent play is often a simple ball backwards that often puts the player under pressure.

I agree he’s got a good cross field pass in him, but his link up play is non existent. I can’t remember the last time he thread a ball through. His calm and competent play is often a simple ball backwards that often puts the player under pressure.
Played a brilliant through ball to Goodship today who stumbled and lost the ball.

Virtually any striker with legs that move would have profited from Crawley's defensive howler in the first-half. I don't blame Halford...............just the person who has led to him being thought of as the most viable option up front.

I agree, plus Halford’s big enough to put a post on Twitter saying he should have done better. I don’t blame him at all, we never should have ended up in a situation where we have no half decent strikers after a full transfer window to bring someone in.

I agree, plus Halford’s big enough to put a post on Twitter saying he should have done better. I don’t blame him at all, we never should have ended up in a situation where we have no half decent strikers after a full transfer window to bring someone in.

Head of recruitment should have been sacked a long time ago . Presumably he didn’t know that you have to score goals to win matches,

A more entertaining game, but we still are nowhere good enough for this division. PB needs time, (but as has been said many times) 6 games is at best half the time anyone needed to have a reasonable chance of turning this around.

I hope we manage to stay up, by hook or by crook, but if we do, then a significant overhaul of the squad is needed. Boy do I miss the entertaining football we played under Tilly...

Last edited:
Awful game... no quality what so ever.... loan players should be sent packing now as they haven't done a lot... we are on the edge and losing our grip...the drop is coming...we all have an opinion and there are a lot of dreamers on here and we all wish we had a half decent team... we haven't..we are 2nd from bottom and rubbish...WE ARE 2ND FROM BOTTOM.....after supporting the blues since mid 70's i think i can say its the worst team in my time supporting...Tan man is a joke!
DONT BLAME PB FOR THIS MESS ,HES ONLY BEEN BACK IN CHARGE FOR A DAY.

Has Exeter lost today, they would be really fired up for next Saturday, but they won, so I hope they only have to turn up.
The one big flaw in your argument is that Exeter have to travel to play us on Tuesday night. so they may still go into the match with you having lost (or drawn even).
We owe Exeter one for the last game in our previous spell in the Football League... we lost 7-1 that day in 1972.

The shackles were off a bit more. But it led to the same outcome. I still think we can stay up. Under MM I could see 3 draws and a win. Under Brown I can see us losing more but more points on the board.

There was a moment where there was a ball into the box Emile and Goodship were in the box. Bread and butter stuff. Ball fell in the box and both of them were hoping it didn’t fall to them. Painful to watch. People would probably hate it but I’d be tempted to play Oly up there. He can run with it and can score.

People will not like Halford but I think he still has a part to play he will put his body on the line because he isn’t worried about the rest of his cateer

We let Holmes be Holmes and I hope that will be one of the reasons we will stay up. Whilst different Ferguson can do parts of what Ryan Leonard could do and Holmes can do what Wordsworth could. We’ve got 2 full backs that like to get forward when they can. And Clifford can be very dangerous going forward but has been more restricted.

Hate to go back in time but trying to see the similarities to go on.

With PB we will sacrifice more in search for a goal like we used to. And I think that he has the character to inspire more desire and ruthlessness in the box.

MM - “we need to be more ruthless lads, but don’t forget your defensive duties”

PB - “we need to be more ruthless lads, get forward and worry about defensive duties when you lose it”

I hate to say it because I’m a big fan of MM and I think he will and want him to do well - he has a lot of attributes that will mean he will go a long way. His football knowledge is there to see and his character is too. He kicks every ball and has the hunger. If he’s allowed to sign a squad he wants to work with.

For too long there has been too much self preservation in the squad and the styles. Goes from Bond to now. Players putting “not getting hurt” above all else. Not a characteristic we had until the bad patch of Chris Powell.

It’s a hell of a job - but it’s for sure doable.

There was a moment where there was a ball into the box Emile and Goodship were in the box. Bread and butter stuff. Ball fell in the box and both of them were hoping it didn’t fall to them. Painful to watch. People would probably hate it but I’d be tempted to play Oly up there. He can run with it and can score.

If it's the moment I'm thinking of I thought Acquah did well to hold off his man and let the ball run through to another player, rather than avoiding it.

If it's the moment I'm thinking of I thought Acquah did well to hold off his man and let the ball run through to another player, rather than avoiding it.

I’m not having a go at Acquah I think he’s been unlucky with some of his chances. But I’m also not avin that. Praising a player for letting the ball run in the box from a long ball.

I get it though defending a player at all costs because you think everyone is judging them unfairly.

I’d probably play Acquah from the start. I just want to see a bit more aggression!

Back