• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Oxford United

On the plus side we are starting to get used to the 5-3-2 and with the form of the players we have at the moment it certainly seems to be the system that plays to our strengths.

On another day, Cox's shot finds the roof of the net and we win two or three nil. Oxford weren't up to much which given the players they have at their disposal, is very surprising. I thought Curtis Nelson was very good for them, always a player I would have liked to see in a Southend shirt.

Certainly not a sitter by any stretch.

I suppose it depends where you are sitting when watching him shoot. I was in the West and couldn't see who's shot it was but I did see it hit the bar and post. As you say it didn't look a sitter live nor on the replay to me.

The ref: I'll be brave and say I've seen worse. Let's face it, every week we have people on here saying that each ref was the 'worst they've ever seen'. He struggled badly in the last 20 minutes when the game was at its scrappiest but then even the best refs would have been challenged.

The biggest contributory factor to the challenging nature of the last 20 minutes was his refereeing in the first 70 minutes !

I suppose it depends where you are sitting when watching him shoot. I was in the West and couldn't see who's shot it was but I did see it hit the bar and post. As you say it didn't look a sitter live nor on the replay to me.

From right behind in the East Blues, not a sitter but a very, very good opportunity.

Back