• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Salford City

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
5 points from the last 3 games is pretty good going.

Gutted for Bass, Akinola and Ranger though.

You know what to do.

Fair result. Sound defence, not so much from midfield and a bit of a dud from our strikers.
Strange subs?

Crap game, much like the pitch. On another day coulda been 2-0 at half time, but came away with a much valuable point ????

A very even game in the first half with Southend just edging it in having two good chances in first half for Acquah. Second was Salford and Harry Seaden making some good saves. Bass looked confident taking the ball.

Defense were very good and Dieng is again impressive with his passing.

Acquah is inexperienced but does other work up front instead of not scoring... but should be doing better with the chances he has. In an ideal world he would have had more chance of development rather than being forced up front this season but he is still proving his worth in other areas... no wonder he splits opinion!

Good point in the end - looked tired second half and that shows the importance of squad depth.

Thought Seaden did very well in circumstances but important to have Oxley back soon. Kept an eye on Acquah today and again thought he did okay - interestingly the 11 minute Ranger cameo I think showed where Acquah needs to work in terms of winning moreballs in the air and being more of a presence - but sure that will come in time. Overall happy to see us grind out a point.

They had a few chances so did we. Draw a fair result. Defence was decent, midfield did well except Macca and Acquah battled hard and was unlucky not to get at least one goal. MOM for me was Elvis and Taylor joint

Good point against one of the better teams in this league. Gutted for us and Ranger that it ended the way it did. Hope it’s not too serious but didn’t look good. Dieng was excellent again today and Seaden deserves a huge amount of credit for his performance. Came on and played like, “don’t fancy me gaffer? well watch this...”

Not one of RHF’s better games but we’re incredibly resilient now and tough to beat. It’s night and day vs the start of the season. Well done boys, another point ahead of Barrow and Grimsby.

Pretty squeaky bum for the last 15 minutes and it didn't help my mood that iFollow totally ****ed off for 5 minutes of that last 15. Nevertheless, the defence continued their 'they shall not pass' routine and so it was. Looks like Ranger was introduced before he was really ready and now he will undoubtedly miss Tuesday as well, and probably Bass and Oxley as well. On the plus side Harry Seadon got some very valuable minutes in and produced a very assured performance with saves and catches, so he will have the shirt for Tuesday I reckon. On another day Acquah could have had two goals but it's still not happening for him, he worked hard but looked dispirited in the second half. Anyway, next up Cheltenham and a probable rotation of the squad as a few looked completely knackered.

In passing, I thought the ref had a superb game today, and it just highlights the lack of reffing quality available to FL2 this season.

Good result given the injuries and the fact that Salford looked a decent team. Could have nicked a goal a few times, but so could they had the ball dropped kinder than it did on the occasions it flew around our box.

MOTM all of the back four.

Good result t in a scrappy game considering the late defeats for Barrow and Grimsby. Hopefully Forest Green can do the business over Col U tonight. We are also now only 6 points behind Port Vale who have no games in hand over us, another side to potentially drag into the mix?

Well done to Seaden, a couple of vital contributions made after an unexpected appearance under pressure. Gets my MOTM for that.

Wish RHF would stop trying to force the ball onto his left foot, the other teams have sussed it out and almost always win the ball off him. He did really well defensively though. As did everyone else. The lack of goals conceded recently gives me a lot of hope about our chances of staying up. Ok, we do need to be scoring more goals but I’d much rather be working with clean sheets and aiming to add goals to those clean sheets than scoring goals but trying to fix a leaky defence at this stage of the season.

If Bass is out, do we get another keeper in? Who would be sub keeper if Seaden played?

Back