• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-0 Salford City

Game was calling out for Holmes. The one flare player we have but yet to see how he can impact games as played what 20 mins in three games. Reeco had a nightmare yet stayed on and all the time Holmes is warming the bench

Reeco got through a lot of defensive work though in the second half. He and us of course would have preferred him doing his stuff going the opposite way but Ashley Hunter is a danger man for them and Reeco did a very good job on keeping him quite. This I think is a reason as to why he stayed on.

Not a great game on a poor pitch again. We pressed best we could in the first half but lacked the same level of sparkle and looked a little leggy, Salford are quite a good side and passed the ball well at times but had little upfront and were well contained again by our excellent defence. Yet another MOM for John white who edged it over Dieng and JW barely put a foot wrong.
Dieng played well but his best passing boots werent screwed on quite as well today. Four times he tried to lay straightish balls forward, 20-25 yard passes, all failed, went to opponents and gave possession away at critical times and led to dangerous attacks. Anyone of those poor passes could have resulted in a goal, but still a solid performance
Reeko didnt have a great game and struggled regularly to actually control the ball although worked much harder in the second half to put in some very timely defensive tackles

We were hanging far to deep in the second half and rarely could counter on the break, although were disrupted by injuries.

Will need much more energy on Tuesday, so may need more of a shake up, Demi and Holmes perhaps more into the mix. Cant wait for Olayinka to get back and also to see what Mellis can do
So sad for Ranger couldn't believe how high he was leaping

Game was calling out for Holmes. The one flare player we have but yet to see how he can impact games as played what 20 mins in three games. Reeco had a nightmare yet stayed on and all the time Holmes is warming the bench
As has already been mentioned RHF did a lot of defensive work. He spent more time in our half than theirs, and did a good job defensively, even if his attacking offering was a bit frustrating. I doubt Holmes would have been able to offer the same quality of defensive cover. I think there was a higher chance of us losing the game by replacing RHF with Holmes than winning it. As negative as that might sound, sometimes a negative decision is the sensible one. And the way the other results have gone I definitely think that was the case today.

I can only assume Cheltenham have a better pitch than us so saving Holmes to play on Tuesday on a pitch that suits his style more probably isn’t the worst idea anyway.

Thinking about the emergency loan rules I know you can't get one in if any fit keeper at the club has paid 5 professional matches, does anyone know if that includes the EFL Trophy? If so Seaden's only one match off playing 5 matches.

I am not sure what SA’s injury was. If Niles is a groin it might settle down and take an injection but it looked like inner thigh which might be two or three weeks at least. We will see.
For 10 minutes Ranger showed exactly what Acquah isn’t. Got his head on about 5 balls up front and in defence. Sorry but Acquah just hasn’t got it and to keep playing him is lessening our chances of escaping.
We really are toothless at Roots Hall and he needs to find a new striker or two.

For 10 minutes Ranger showed exactly what Acquah isn’t. Got his head on about 5 balls up front and in defence. Sorry but Acquah just hasn’t got it and to keep playing him is lessening our chances of escaping.
We really are toothless at Roots Hall and he needs to find a new striker or two.

Did you miss the part where Emile also won headers, brought others in to play, battled against three very good central defenders at this level and had a couple of goal scoring opportunities. Granted he should have scored them, especially the header but he is improving game on game. Besides, their is no guaranties that some bloke we've dragged off the streets would have scored them chances today anyway.. and we'll not likely find out now because he was rushed in to playing far to quickly and is now injured.

we really need simpson now that Ranger maybe out fot a few weeks and we cant keep playing Acquah the boy cant cut it in a relegation battle .

Thinking about the emergency loan rules I know you can't get one in if any fit keeper at the club has paid 5 professional matches, does anyone know if that includes the EFL Trophy? If so Seaden's only one match off playing 5 matches.

A 'Professional Goalkeeper' (you can only register a goalkeeper on an Emergency Goalkeeper Loan if all the 'Professional Goalkeepers' at the club are unavailable) is defined by the EFL as: "a goalkeeper (excluding any Goalkeeper registered as a Non-Contract Player) who has been named in the starting eleven on five or more occasions by:

(a) any Club (or Premier League club) in any matches in the relevant league or first team cup competitions (other than the EFL Trophy); and/or

(b) any other club in a professional league in that club’s home association (by way of example, any division of the Scottish Professional Football League, or Serie A, B or C)."

As a consequence, today's substitute appearance did not contribute to that total and Harry Seaden remains 4 further League/FA Cup/League Cup starts away from triggering this.

Did you miss the part where Emile also won headers, brought others in to play, battled against three very good central defenders at this level and had a couple of goal scoring opportunities. Granted he should have scored them, especially the header but he is improving game on game. Besides, their is no guaranties that some bloke we've dragged off the streets would have scored them chances today anyway.. and we'll not likely find out now because he was rushed in to playing far to quickly and is now injured.
All I see is a lumbering, can’t jump, no confidence youngster that is clearly not good enough. All very well everyone hiding the truth on here but as I said, Ranger straight away looked like a player and Emile doesn’t. Goodship probably doesn’t either, we’ve got a decent chance to get out of it now....not with him up front. Tuesday was wonder goals, today our striker missed two sitters....either try something else or get in proper strikers, it is fairly important at this stage!

All I see is a lumbering, can’t jump, no confidence youngster that is clearly not good enough. All very well everyone hiding the truth on here but as I said, Ranger straight away looked like a player and Emile doesn’t. Goodship probably doesn’t either, we’ve got a decent chance to get out of it now....not with him up front. Tuesday was wonder goals, today our striker missed two sitters....either try something else or get in proper strikers, it is fairly important at this stage!

Again, we must have watched different games because the Emile I saw today was happy to get hold of the ball, to take on his man and again yes.. he should have scored but he isn’t and won’t be the first striker to miss chances. All I saw from Ranger today when he come on was him winning a couple of headers, hardly anything to shout home about.

Bit harsh calling them 2 sitters!! The first one, he actually did very well to shake off the defender and create the chance. It was on target and the keeper did well. The second one was too high for him to get underneath it and direct the header better

Awful game....IFollow glitchy as hell

Defence looked strong....complete lack of creativity upfront!

I was going to ask on my IPad the game views fine but on the TV over the internet keeps glitching. But you can’t do Airplay....have IFollow disabled Airplay?

Some bullet points from Honolulu.
  1. Acquah. Different player to Ranger but I thought he did well today. Held ball up and seemed to grow into game. Drew a good save from keeper and yes should have scored, but many guilty of that in this team.
  2. Ranger. Won everything and gutted for him when he went off. Has probably worked harder than at any time in his career to get back. Let’s see now how much he really wants this. Could be big player for us next season.
  3. McCormack. Looked a bit of a liability today when he was on. Taylor and Ferguson our best midfield duo.
  4. Seaden. Fantastic cameo and did all that could be asked of him
  5. Result. Absolutely great draw considering this run of fixtures. No reason why we cannot grit something out at Cheltenham

Back