• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well, sitting in the East Stand there was a chorus of boo's when his number flashed upon the board, but this was more directed at Tilson for subbing off the wrong player.

Well, sitting in the East Stand there was a chorus of boo's when his number flashed upon the board, but this was more directed at Tilson for subbing off the wrong player.

Must admit I was sitting in the East and I thought the boos were for Paterson who was coming on for Spencer.

There was a lot of impatience directed at Scotty in the West. I think people expected him to continue in the same vein as of late and got frustrated when he didn't. I did turn and tell someone to leave him alone with their constant berating of him. Case of here we go again.......

TBF, I thought the boos for the sub were aimed at Tilson for not taking Vernon off out of the two. That is what most around me in the Upper wanted and when Spencer's number was held aloft, there was a lot of abuse.

I don't want to think about it, but I got the distinct feeling that the team were displaying a performance that betrays the inner mood of the club - that we are at best going into administration - which is -10 points, and therefore automatic relegation, or we don't bow to the inevitable in time, we get relegated anyway and take the -10 point reduction next season in League 2, or the club is about to cease to exist at all. In all of these situations, it is inevitable that the players won't get what they are owed in wages they haven't been paid!

Unfortunately I have to say I agree with you. Just think though IF (and if the above is true it's a very big if!) we were to win today we would go above Gillingham and possibly Tranmere and Leyton Orient as they both have difficult games today. By the way has anyone with Blues Player listened to Mildy's interview? Did he have anything interesting to say?

Yeah it was a shocking subsitution.

Poor old Tilly makes early subs he gets roasted, he makes late subs he gets roasted. Who'd be a football manager, apart from in a computer game?

FWIW I thought the subbing of Spencer was the wrong move, Laurent for Christophe seemed the logical one given our limited options. Spencer does look like he's a fairly natural goal scorer, therefore unless he was injured he should of stayed on.

Poor old Tilly makes early subs he gets roasted, he makes late subs he gets roasted. Who'd be a football manager, apart from in a computer game?

FWIW I thought the subbing of Spencer was the wrong move, Laurent for Christophe seemed the logical one given our limited options. Spencer does look like he's a fairly natural goal scorer, therefore unless he was injured he should of stayed on.

I don't normally criticise Tillys subsitutions cos as you say whatever he does he can't win!

For me though we needed a win and didn't really look like scoring, Paterson and Vernon are too similar and Spencer gives us something different he could have taken malone off for Paterson and gone 3 up top or as like you said Laurent for JFC and Grant back in the middle.

I don't normally criticise Tillys subsitutions cos as you say whatever he does he can't win!

For me though we needed a win and didn't really look like scoring, Paterson and Vernon are too similar and Spencer gives us something different he could have taken malone off for Paterson and gone 3 up top or as like you said Laurent for JFC and Grant back in the middle.

I agree Rich, we thought it would be 3 up top. I don't think Spencer had a good game on Saturday, but over any other striker we have he looks like he could be a 15/20 goals a season man.

Halleujah, the voice of reason! JFC off Laurent on, Grant in the middle and three up top. The way we should start today!

Mildenhall - 7
Francis - 7
Baldwin - 7
Barrett - 7
Herd - 6.5 (still looked a bit shakey when the ball was on the deck [but must play due to that throw-in threat])
Grant - 7
JFC - 5 (doesnt seem up to it at all judging by that performance)
Macca - 6.5
Malone - 6
Spencer - 6
Vernon - 6

This will please OBL, but I thought we missed McCormack after he went off injured as he'd started fairly brightly.

I appreciated the sponsors choice for man of the match. In these trying times it's important to retain a sense of humour.

Back